Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch rename crashes with "basic_string" error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
Since few weeks ago, Adobe Bridge has started crashing when selectiong batch rename function.Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 11.14.13.png

TOPICS
Batch , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Hi, is it with the 2023 version?

You can install a previous version from the Creative Cloud application: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Hello,

We have released a new Adobe Bridge 2024 Beta build (14.0.1.128) which fixes this issue. We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

For a complete list of fixed issues, please refer to community post announcement.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I've tried to reinstall bridge and delete all settings with no luck.
  2. The problem persists even when single file is selected.
    Couldn't find any workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is it with the 2023 version?

You can install a previous version from the Creative Cloud application: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to have fixed the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to be of help. Wich part of my post did solve your issue, the previous version?

Do not hesitate to tag the reply that helped you as the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I was running the 2023 (13.0.1) version. The 2022 (12.0.3) version doesn't have this problem for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a Bulk Rename issue as well with Bridge 13.0.2 on a Mac. The progress bar never gets past 0 done, no files are renamed, just get a spiny ball. Cancel doesn't 'cancel'. Have to do a Force Quit! Reset settings and purged caches, no joy. Going back to V12.x until I hear about a bug fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still broken 6 months later? On my desktop with Bridge 13.0.3.693 batch rename always crashes immediately when invoked. I used to be prompted with an error screen that invited me to send a report. I always did and often sent a message. How do I know the reports and messages were ever read?  On my laptop with the same version of Bridge batch rename works. The difference may be that on my desktop I have an Nvidia GPU. I just upgraded it to

version 535.98. Batch rename still causes Bridge to shut down, but now without prompting for an error report. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed an update and it still crashes. Thought it would have been patched by now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error as well. and I just updated to the newest version released today to no avail...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

To better investigate the issue, could you please share the following:

1. Bridge version on which you are seeing this issue and are you getting the same issue with previous versions of Bridge?

2. System details

3. Screenshot of the batch rename settings and screen recording of the issue. 

4. What is the file type on which you are getting the issue

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Bridge 2024 for Batch Rename, the app crashed immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kristenp72516921 

1. Bridge version on which you are seeing this issue and are you getting the same issue with previous versions of Bridge?

2. System details

3. Screenshot of the batch rename settings and screen recording of the issue. 

4. What is the file type on which you are getting the issue

5. Screenshot of the preview dialog. First, select the assets on which you are performing Batch Rename, go to Batch Rename dialog, do the settings in which you are getting the issue and then click on the preview button. Either you can share the screenshot or you can export the csv and share it with us at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha fatto crash dopo la prima volta che ho usato "espressioni regolari" (peraltro con successo).
io credo che vada in crash quando tenta di caricare le ultime regole di ridenominazioni usate.

It crashed after the first time I used "regular expressions" (successfully at that). I think it crashes when it tries to load the last used rename rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK This problem has been going on for nearly a year. Adobe should not be delivering software with bugs, period. We pay a monthly fee and for that we should not be getting upgrades that make features we have come to depend on unusable. I would like to an honest reply from the software developers, explaining that either this is a particularly intransigent problem or that they have not been given the resources to solve it. 

Bridge crashes simply by invoking Batch Rename. The problem started in Bridge 2023. It was then fixed in the beta version of 2024 (14.0.0.94). I eagerly updated when 2024 was available hoping that this unending problem might really have an end. But no. It crashes under 2024 (14.0.0.102). I run Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2. I use the NVIDIA Studio Driver Version 537.42.   Invoking Batch Rename pops up a window to report errors (see screenshot).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now I've gotten around the problem by creating a workflow with a rename activity that I modify from time to time. But I have to save the activity every time.

Per ora ho aggirato il problema creando un flusso di lavoro con una attività rename che modifico di volta in volta. Però devo salvare ogni volta l'attività.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ciro32330216uywa@rmrubin 

• Bridge version on which you are seeing this issue and are you getting the same issue with previous versions of Bridge?
  • System details
  • Files present at this location with sharewithbr@adobe.com
    • Mac - /Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge <version>/Batch Rename Settings
    • Windows - appdata/Roaming/Adobe/Bridge <version>/Batch Rename Settings
  • Screen recording of the issue
  • Locale of the system and Bridge
  • Values of the registry entries - BatchRenameLastUsedPresetDisplay, BatchRenameLastUsedPreset 
    • Mac - /Users/rsaraogi/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.bridge14.plist
    • Win - Open registry editor -> Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Bridge <version>\Preferences

We might reach out to you for further information around the issue.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for replying I shall be glad to supplement the information I provided with the additional items you have requested. Do you wish me to post them here or to send them to sharewithbr@adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when you say Locale, do you mean a geographic place, like St Louis, Missouri, USA, or a Java Locale, like en-US?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @rmrubin 

You can share the details at sharewithbr@adobe.com

By locale I meant the system's OS language and Bridge's OS language. To check for Bridge, you can follow these steps:

1. Open Bridge

2. Go to Preferences

3. Go to Advanced Tab

4. Share the value in the Language dropdown under Internation section as shown in the screenshot

RahulSaraogi_0-1696531506977.png

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scusa per il cattivo inglese (ho tradotto dall'italiano con una app)

Sorry for the bad English (I translated from Italian with an app)

Bridge version:

Are you getting the same issue with previous versions of Bridge?

Non ho usato versioni precedenti di Bridge su questo Mac.

I have not used previous versions of Bridge on this Mac.

System details:

Chip Apple M2 Pro 16 MB; Ventura 13.4.1 (c)

Files present at  /Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge <version>/Batch Rename Settings:

!!Last.setting

Prova Ciro.setting

Sostituzione stringa.setting

Screen recording of the issue:

Lo stesso degli altri; finestra con scritto:

The same as the others; window with writing:

ERROR

BR

Basic_string

Locale of the system and Bridge:

ITALIANO

Values of the registry entries:

<key>BatchRenameLastUsedPreset</key>

<string>!!Last</string>

<key>BatchRenameLastUsedPresetDisplay</key>

<string>Ultimo utilizzato</string>

Aggiungo il contenuto del file !!Last.setting che potrebbe essere il comando che ho dato quando si è presentato l'errore la prima volta:

I add the contents of the !!Last.setting file which could be the command I gave when the error occurred the first time:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>

<setting>

<element type='StringSubstitution' value='OriginalFilename' enumerated='true' priority='normal' find='-' ignoreCase='false' replaceAll='false' replaceWith='' useRegularExpression='true'>

</element>

<element type='StringSubstitution' value='IntermediateFilename' enumerated='true' priority='normal' find='-' ignoreCase='false' replaceAll='false' replaceWith='' useRegularExpression='true'>

</element>

<element type='StringSubstitution' value='IntermediateFilename' enumerated='true' priority='normal' find='-' ignoreCase='false' replaceAll='false' replaceWith='_' useRegularExpression='false'>

</element>

<element type='StringSubstitution' value='IntermediateFilename' enumerated='true' priority='normal' find='-' ignoreCase='false' replaceAll='true' replaceWith='' useRegularExpression='true'>

</element>

<element type='AutoExtension' value='' enumerated='false' priority='post'>

</element>

<element type='Compatibility' value='Macintosh' enumerated='true' priority='post'>

</element>

</setting>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ciro32330216uywa 

Thank you for sharing the information. We are able to reproduce the issue with the batch rename settings you shared and added the issue to our engineering pipeline.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem in Bridge 2024 version too. I've not found a fix either.  Why is adobe releasing software that doesn't actually work?  This is basic and actually work. As a professional photographer this just hinders my workflow.  No one in the forum seems to have a definitive answer, including Adobe emplyees.  Please can you get the developers to fix the issue with urgency

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @andrewl97447952 

Thank you for reaching out to us. With the information provided in the earlier thread, we were able to reproduce the issue and added it to our engineering pipeline. But it is still helpful if you can share the following information:

• System details
  • Files present at this location with sharewithbr@adobe.com
    • Mac - /Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge <version>/Batch Rename Settings
    • Windows - appdata/Roaming/Adobe/Bridge <version>/Batch Rename Settings
  • Screen recording of the issue
  • Locale of the system and Bridge
  • Values of the registry entries - BatchRenameLastUsedPresetDisplay, BatchRenameLastUsedPreset 
    • Mac - /Users/rsaraogi/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.bridge14.plist
    • Win - Open registry editor -> Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Bridge <version>\Preferences

We might reach out to you for further information around the issue.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have released a new Adobe Bridge 2024 Beta build (14.0.1.128) which fixes this issue. We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

For a complete list of fixed issues, please refer to community post announcement.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines