• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 13 UI Design Feedback

Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Bridge 13 adds some welcome features. Far better subwindow docking, (finally more than one Panel at the bottom), an improved address bar with dropdown and the Hamburger context menu indicators sure will come in handy when working with the tablet. A more visible cursor will help many users and a focus indicator for subwindows is an interesting idea, generally.

Apart from this Bridge 13 – at least on Windows got a lot uglier than 12.x. Its design follows no established Adobe convention and comes with way more strong contrast dividers and borders than necessary. The blue focus indicator for my taste is unnecessary bold – we all are pretty used to Adobe Apps which don't have such a feature. It goes without saying that one can't turn it off or at least tone down its colour.

There's no visual hierarchy in text elements. Tab-headings and child elements have the same size and font-weight. The white text has too strong contrast with the dark backdrop – this will get tiring. You have all the competence in the house – just have look at Photoshop how such is done nicely.

The whole GUI looks as it if one had tried to make a super beginner-friendly and accessible interface, contrasty and suitable for old peoples eyes – but then had forgotten about making UI-text distinct. This entire mess got rounded up (at least on Windows) with fat and bright scrollbars and a thumb wide, equally bright header.

Overall this still looks and feels very Beta.

TOPICS
Beta , Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree on all points. Especially the "beginner friendly" take on the UI. I appreciate that the content panels are persistent upon restarting bridge (always bugged me about previous versions if I had more than one window open) but I've lived in Ps/Br for nearly twenty years and this whole update was abrupt and largely unnecessary or at least limiting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree wholeheartedly, they should just follow Creative Cloud design language like the other apps.

Why would they make the titlebar light grey and not customizable?

The blue focus indicator and thin scrollbar are real eyesores for me as well. 

They should at least add some options in the settings to change these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! I agree too. Why is there any light-grey in dark mode? It doesn't make sense and it's very distracting.

At least the scaling is better on my 4k + 2k monitor set-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree!

The blue focus indicator is what bothers me most. At first I thought it's some bug and restarted Bridge in hope it will go away. But it didn't! 

The UI of the previous version was much better. 

And for me (and many others), I work also in Hebrew and and font choice Adobe made with the lateset version is just horrible. Why change the font?! It was just as good before.

In hope that all the problems will be fixed soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually went back to the last version and was surprised at how different the new UI is. The dark mode was completely neutral and unobtrusive in Bridge2022 - my guess is Adobe has to change things or refresh a product because of the subscription fee, it has to be seen as moving (backward or forwards). I am pleased they addressed the scaling and annoyed they felt they had to break UI as that wasn't broken. Or maybe they had the junior team making UI decisions. I dunno, I am hoping for a proper dark mode, until then, it's back to a version with clunky scaling that isn't distracting to my workflow. I thought Adobe understood the creative process and working environments.......guess not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little bit too many lines for my taste. The previous version was way heavy on the eyes but I guess you can adapt to the new UI. My only problem is with the back and forwards navigation shortcuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too find the newer UI too contrasty. I prefer the middle gray option of 2022. I find the extreeme brights or darks distraction when reviewing and editing

2022-10-23_08-24-07.jpg2022-10-23_08-25-08.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another major drawback I just found: In the previous version, I could double click a zip file and just drag&drop whatever I needed directly to the open folder in Bridge. Well... It doesn't work anymore. Now I must use Windows explorer to extract the entire content of the zip. That's it for me... going to downgrade now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. I work on a mac and feel the same way.

The design makes the UX really tyring and frustrating to work with even for short tasks.

The eye jumps all over the place with the over framing of elements and espacially with the arrow indicators that are now bolder and bigger than the taxt they're indicating!

Its a complete mess, this update feels like a major step back for the program's design and readability.

very frustrating for someone who works on this program daily and depends on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines