• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 Generating Thumbnails Takes Forever

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generating thumbnails now takes 3x as long as the previous version. Tried purging cache, resetting bridge nothing works. Im on Win 10, 64GB Ram never had this issue until now. Anyone have any ideas or experiencing similar issues?

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried reinstalling 9.1 and having the same issues. Never had these thumbnail loading issues before, now it looks like 9.1 inherited whatever 10.0 came with. Anyone with similar issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac running osx High Sierra and having the same problem, though if it were only 3x slower that would be a large improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, 3x might've been generous. I have another thread about it in this forum and someone responded that Bridge 2020 thumb previews are bigger now. I realized that there is no difference in the speed of how thumbnails load if you switch between Preferred Embeded and High Res previews. Its all basically high res from now on it seems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Catalina 10.15.4

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

And it will take many days to load all my files into Bridge.

This is far slower than it used to be and shows that Adobe are not keeping up with Apple technology whilst charging us for doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get to the bottom of this? mine is reall bad too – driving me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same issues ... Bridge 2020 is unusable and ... yes, 2019 inherited  the same slowness. Really frustrating ...

100 thumbnails (RAW Sony A7RIII) in 1 minute and 50 seconds.

Win 10, I7 8700K, 32 GB, 1060 GTX.

Bridge Cache on dedicated SSD M.2, Bridge installation on SSD M.2, Raw files on 4TB HD Sata III.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I am running High Sierra on an iMac 27" with 16GB Memory & Adobe Bridge 2020 is USELESS. Takes forever to generate previews, and forget about even trying to view a full screen image. It seems that with each new release, there is an increase in  functionality, but an equal or even greater degradation in performance. The current hardware configuration is exactly what it was prior to Bridge 2020, so that is not likely the issue. This long time Adobe customer may not be for much longer if this persists.  Your move, Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happening with me. Never had a problem before. It's a nightmare out on location when clients need a fast turnaround. Come on Adobe, this should have been fixed by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... me too! And yes - so much for trying the 'legacy' versions- which seem to automatically update to include all of the new problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, you have the latest bridge? this seems to have fixed itself with the latest update for me... its a weird issue that I saw on both of my pcs but seems ok now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its improved, but its maybe 50% faster over slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, I thought I'ld give it another try, whatever they did to it, they seriously broke this, now unusable software. really too bad because it was an awesome app at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Mohave OS, and Bridge 10.0.4.157 trying to quickly view photos on a server, stored in folders and sub-folders. Everytime I open a new folder, I have to wait 5-10 minutes to see the photos. I don't see any clear instructions on how to set the Bridge preferences to speed things up. I don't need super high-quality thumbnails, I just need to quickly see them so I can choose some options. Adobe please make it faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been noted here many times, that Bridge is not optimized to be used with a NAS or server.

Matter of fact there is no support for such a workflow.

Frustrating I know. Not much can be done about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I've had this same issue for a long time, at least back to Bridge 2018. Generating thumbnails when opening new folder takes FOREVER. Seems slighty faster on 2020, but still an annoying drag. As a result I only use Bridge when there is absolutely no other alternative. I'd love to see this fixed!

iMac Pro 2017 | 3.2Ghz 8-Core Xeon W | 64GB 2666 MHz DDR | Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these setting and see if they help.

Jim2021-03-11_18-31-22 Bridge  preview setting.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried. It does seem faster: A folder of 9 mp4 files = about 11 seconds, another of 27 mp4s = 23 seconds. I didn't time it before so no direct comparison, but it does feel much improved. I appreciate your suggestion. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to have this problem when I upgraded to a 15" 2018 MBP, 2.6 Ghz 6-core intel core i7 with 16 GB Memory with a 512 GB drive and on BigSur... I've uninstalled and reinstalled Bridge and gave it access to the full drive. It's really frustrating when I have to handle a large amount of design files. I haven't tested whether it has to do with the fact that the files are on dropbox but never had the issue before when I was on my 2013 MPB on Catalina.

would love to know if anyone has a solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jmb007 I tried this and still took 40 seconds to do 15 previews of files under 300kb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is ridicules every time i switch to another folder i have to wait for 3 minutes for thumbnails to generate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what color profile do you use in your pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know you could even choose one. Not really relevant. It's Adobe default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with embedded ECI-RGB-Profiles in jpgs. Pictures with sRGB are working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder of about 600 TIFFs at 1.3 GB each. It takes HOURS to load.

Load one day. Next day add metadata. Next day load again to check metadata. 3 days. And I have some larger folders coming up. 1,500 images or so.

Anyone using Metadata++? Is that any faster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines