• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 not seeing files on external hard drive, Mac OS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I plug in my Western Digital USB drives, the new Bridge can see the drive, but not any files or folders on the drive. Previous versions had not problem with these exact drives. I can still access everything through Finder, but doing so doesn't get them linked in Bridge. I have tried this from nikunj.m

going "to the System Preferences for macOS, then navigate to Security and Privacy and select the Privacy tab. Add Bridge 2020 under the Accessibilty list and grant permissions to Bridge under Files and Folders.

Once you have made the changes, restart the computer"

That did not help either. Screenshot 2020-04-13 17.31.06.png

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Let me add the following (the screenshots are from High Sierra but they cover the same issues all the way to Big Sur:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thank you for trying that 1st approach. Can you please try this 2nd one:

In the Finder select the folder that you're documents/images are contained in and press Command-i (i for information). A new window will pop up on the left side of the screen. On the bottom you will see a region called "Sharing & Permissions:"

gary_sc_0-1586825162197.png

To do anything here, you need to unlock the padlock on the bottom right. Click it and a window will pop up asking you for your authorization (your Mac password). Once that's done, click on the "Everyone" and on the right change "Read only," to "Read & Write."

Now, if there are folders inside this, go to the dropdown gear below and select "Apply to enclosed items..." and you can save yourself some time.

HOWEVER: be judicious when you do this. This should ONLY be done if there are nothing but documents inside these folders. Never EVER do this if there are applications or preferences or other application-related files. Don't ask me how I know this to be true. Otherwise, I do this all the time as necessary. It's probably a good idea to not do this to a drive as a whole.

Please let us know how this works out,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:  Went to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy-> Files&Folders->Adobe Bridge2020 Then click "Removeable Volumes"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This worked for me running OS Big Sur amd Bridge 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot as had the same problem and your advice sorted it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gary,

I had to use both techniques in order to get my SanDisk SSD to work properly. Thanks for the information. Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Gary, but that did not work. I changed changed the Everyone permissions to Read & Write and then restarted the computer, but there has been no change and Bridge is still not seeing anything on the drive. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

When you purchased the WD drive, was it formatted for Mac or PC?

Also, please click on the drive and do a Command-i again, what does it say for formatting:

(and fyi, I'm kind of grasping at straws here, this is a puzzler)

2020-04-14_10-49-44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I formatted these drive for Mac OS Extended Journaled when I bought them a few years ago. Again, Bridge CS5 + the previous OS worked with these drives perfectly. But now that I run OS Catalina and had to upgrade to Bridge 2020, I'm having this issue. I even tried unistalling Bridge, restarting the Macbook, reinstalling Bridge, and restarting the Macbook again per jbm007's suggestion, but still the same issue. (I tried that first with keeping the preferences, then again trashing the preferences.) Yes the files appear in Finder; I can navigate and even open them from there.

I appreciate this help.

Screenshot 2020-04-15 01.45.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am having a similar problem. I've just updated my Mac to Big Sur, from Sienna..... and have upgraded to the latest versions of the Creative Cloud; Bridge. An external hard drive's contents, which I was using prior to updates, now can't be seen within Bridge. I can see files in a normal finder folder, but not in Bridge. I changed the Accessibility to full access in Privacy and Security, including my pictures. The format of the drive is ExFAT. I'm not sure how to get to sharing and permission on my computer? What am I missing here? 

At the bottom of the Bridge window the loading circle keeps going around and around.... 

Please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garys solution is the only one. that woulkd cause bridge to see the files.

Do the files appear in Finder?

Have you tried deleting Brtidge reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add the following (the screenshots are from High Sierra but they cover the same issues all the way to Big Sur:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

gary_sc_0-1621446282334.png

gary_sc_1-1621446282335.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary! Thank you!!! It now works. You are a legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary!! Thank you. God I love Google, adobe community support and people like you. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Gary-Sc, this perfectly solved the problem for me! Thank you so much, gratitude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, I was completely frustrated until finding your very simple and straightforward explanation.

Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me too! Super!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary

My files appear in Finder but not Bridge. Even if I copy and past it doesn't show up. I tried this suggestion but my Adobe Bridge is greyed out in your last image.

Please advise if you can.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary

Apologies but I just closed Bridge and reopened it and all is back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary, This last suggestion helped me solve my lost files in Bridge.  Thank you so much for your time and expertise!

Wanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this actually worked for me! Thank you so much for the assistance Sir! 😃 Saved me so much trouble from finding answers randomly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any option like this fir Windows 11? I'm having issues with thumbnails not showing for my usb thumbdrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines