• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2021 closes when I hit done on an image.

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it do that? I want to continue working on the rest of my images in that folder. It does this each time. This is new behavior. Didn't happen in earlier versions. It's annoying and counter-productive. Is there a a setting somewhere to stop this behavior? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're confusing Adobe Camera Raw with Bridge. When you're in ACR there are three options: Open, which opens the image(s) in Photoshop. Cancel, which closes things down with not saving any changes. And Done, which says that you're done with that image(s), save any changes made, and closes ACR, and returns you to Bridge. 

I hope that helps explain what's happening 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except it's not behaving as you describe it. 
I click on an image from inside Bridge. It opens in ACR. I make changes in ACR (all sliders), no Photoshop involved. I hit Done. The ACR closes and does NOT return me to Bridge. I have to click on the Bridge icon in my Dock to get back to Bridge. Every single time. How to overcome this issue?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me, that's not the complaint you originally put forth. 

Ok, now that I know the actual issue, where does it lead you? The thing that's strange is that if you're working in Bridge, that's the front most application. When you open a file in ACR, it becomes the front most application. When ACR closes, the application behind it SHOULD be Bridge. So if not, then what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app are you in when you hit Done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you please install latest ACR (14.0.1) from camera-raw-plug-in-installer 

Thanks

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone, 

thanks for your response. This issue is solved. I discovered that Bridge wasn't closing as I thought. It was just blocked by that open Photoshop screen that's now always there. By closing that screen, all is back to normal. So this wasn't a problem at all. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines