• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2022 not showing folders

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated CC Bridge to version 2022 on Macbook Pro and now the desktop folders or images dont show on the Essential selection...any advice on why and what I can do? Did the same update on iMac and it worked just fine...

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

When you update either applicatios or your system, you need to re-ok the Permissions.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Brid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! I can't open any of my desktop folders through Bridge.  Someone, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Sick and tired of CC endless issues, I reinstalled an older version of Bridge that now works just fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it took me about 3 hours to try to go through all comments of others with the same problem from last year. I had to go to System Preferences, Security and Privacy then click Full Disk Access to allow Bridge to be able to see all folders. That helped and now I am able to get to all folders through Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lana5FFE, I read a bunch of different threads to solve the same problem you had...and your reply was perfect.  It worked.  Just wanted you to know that you saved me some frustration!.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem trying to access files on my external hard drives.

I am glad I did not delete Bridge 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you update either applicatios or your system, you need to re-ok the Permissions.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1637627151058.png

gary_sc_1-1637627151059.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

It worked.

Thank you!!!

Have a happy Thanksgiving

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, very useful. It would be helpful if this information would be easier to find. It took me a long time to find this info. 

I have posted it twice before with the same problem and did not get an answer. 

Generaly I am satisfied with the software of Adobe only when you have a question, it is very complicated to find an answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You response to this query has been very helpful as I cannot use Bridge 22 - I have gone through your suggested process and been able to add Bridge to Full Disk Access but it is greyed out in Files and Folders so is the + button.  Are you able to assist with this please?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Bridge 2022 but to no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it worked . . . for me THIS IS A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH . . . Thanks my friend, I don't do "follow these steps . . . ":)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a star! Thank you, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnaks, Gary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It Works!!!! 
You make me so happy!
Thank you so so much 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! it worked for me and your steps were easy to follow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed these steps and I still cannot access my Desktop with Adobe Bridge 2022.  I have been using Bridge for years and have not had this issue occur before.  It was working fine earlier today and now I cannot access the Desktop or Documents for that matter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spartan,

First, go to your computer's System Preferences and verify that Bridge has the same access you had before. There's no reason why it wouldn't be there but these are computers, you never know...

I have a hunch that your computer may be having a glitch. First, please try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, I suggest you go to HTTP://www.northernSW.com and download the appropriate Cache Cleaner for your computer. You have a 10 day (I think) trial period with full use. Go to the Maintenance tab and click on "ALL." After running that, restart your computer and see if Bridge can access those areas. IF NOT, please go back to your computer's System Preferences and verify that Bridge has the same access you had before.

I know this sounds annoying but what you're experiencing should not be happening so this is what I'd be doing if I was having your issues.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get the same set of instructions but for Windows 10. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also struggled to find a solution for Windows, but View/Show Hidden files then close/restart Bridge worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines