• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 Crashes most times I use it

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the install of Bridge 2023, if I have a selection of photos and click to star rate them, Bridge simply crashes. It does this probably 7 times out of 10. No explanation at all. I have a Filter on to only display unrated photos (I select from Brodge, drop onto Ps, process and save; then back in Bridge click the Star Rating so I know they are done.)

Version: 13.0.0.562

Computer: Mac Studio running Monterey

No isses at all on previous Bridge 2022.

Report sent each time it happens.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue ... mine happens whenever i try to navigate to a sub-folder; instant crash. This has rendered Bridge quite useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with this version of Bridge on Windows 11.  Crashes come multiple times when browsing to any new folder.  Oddly, it then stabilizes.  I've always sent a report, but over many years I've rarely heard back from Adobe on any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Rating issue - we are able to reproduce the issue at our end and the team is currently investigating the same.

Folder navigation issue -we are able to reproduce the issue at our end and the team is currently investigating the same. But it would be helpful if you can share the following information:

1. OS on which you are facing this issue

2. Have you faced a similar issue in the older Bridge version?

3. Are you trying to navigate the subfolder through path bar/breadcrumbs? If not, could you please share the exact steps or a screen recording?

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pleased you can repro this.

1. OS is Monterey 12.6

2. I have never faced this issue with previous versions of Bridge

3. I'm not navigating anywhere. I:

- Find the folder I want to work on

- I set the View to unrated only (when starting work on a folder I always ensure all photos have no stars)

- select a number of the photos (let's say 5 out of 70) and drag them to Ps for working on

- close each photo as I complete the work in Ps

- once all are done (so 5 in my example), I click on the 5th Star - the idea being then I will only be left with the remainoing photos that require Ps work

- That's it - Bridge then (very often) crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Paul for your response and for sharing the steps. Regarding the rating issue, the team is currently investigating the same. 

We wanted more information about the issue that Mspiraino and Kevang reported in this thread i.e. Bridge is crashing whenever they are trying to access the subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It crashes every time I go in to rate photos within a few minutes. Running Windows 10 Version 22H2. I've sent about 20 error reports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crashes all the time by navigating folders with jpg and trying to select multiple. 

bridge #13.0.1.583
win 10 pro 22H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 
RAM 64.0 GB 
RTX 3090 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today like 30 times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gin3d,

Can you try the latest patch release ?
Also Please submit the crash report using the Adobe crash reported. (Please make sure the email id is same as used here)

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update fixed whatever was wrong. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working properly for me v13.0.2.636 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I'm getting tired of restarting Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Bridge 2023 crashes every time I open multiple tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Bridge 2023 crashes everytime I try to open a photo to do raw adjustments. Is anyone else having that issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Bridge 2023 crashes everytime I try to open a photo to do raw adjustments. Is anyone else having that issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaulth6jcqaj2jp6o (Asking the same question over and over will not cause any of us, volunteers, to help you over those who just ask once).

And, to answer your question, no. I've not had Bridge crash in ages and ages.

Please try to rebuild Bridge's Preferences:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt-Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache,” and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 11/64 GB Ram/Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070/Bridge 13.0.3.693

I was experiencing similar issues the last few days.  I download images from the SD card to an external HDD using Bridge.  Once downloaded, just going through the images and deleting would crash the computer within about 5-6 deletions.  Also rating images would crash it.  I closed Bridge and reset preferences as suggested, and it seems to have fixed it for now, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines