Since the install of Bridge 2023, if I have a selection of photos and click to star rate them, Bridge simply crashes. It does this probably 7 times out of 10. No explanation at all. I have a Filter on to only display unrated photos (I select from Brodge, drop onto Ps, process and save; then back in Bridge click the Star Rating so I know they are done.)
Computer: Mac Studio running Monterey
No isses at all on previous Bridge 2022.
Report sent each time it happens.
Similar issue ... mine happens whenever i try to navigate to a sub-folder; instant crash. This has rendered Bridge quite useless.
Same problem with this version of Bridge on Windows 11. Crashes come multiple times when browsing to any new folder. Oddly, it then stabilizes. I've always sent a report, but over many years I've rarely heard back from Adobe on any of them.
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Rating issue - we are able to reproduce the issue at our end and the team is currently investigating the same.
Folder navigation issue -we are able to reproduce the issue at our end and the team is currently investigating the same. But it would be helpful if you can share the following information:
1. OS on which you are facing this issue
2. Have you faced a similar issue in the older Bridge version?
3. Are you trying to navigate the subfolder through path bar/breadcrumbs? If not, could you please share the exact steps or a screen recording?
I'm pleased you can repro this.
1. OS is Monterey 12.6
2. I have never faced this issue with previous versions of Bridge
3. I'm not navigating anywhere. I:
- Find the folder I want to work on
- I set the View to unrated only (when starting work on a folder I always ensure all photos have no stars)
- select a number of the photos (let's say 5 out of 70) and drag them to Ps for working on
- close each photo as I complete the work in Ps
- once all are done (so 5 in my example), I click on the 5th Star - the idea being then I will only be left with the remainoing photos that require Ps work
- That's it - Bridge then (very often) crashes.
Thank you Paul for your response and for sharing the steps. Regarding the rating issue, the team is currently investigating the same.
We wanted more information about the issue that Mspiraino and Kevang reported in this thread i.e. Bridge is crashing whenever they are trying to access the subfolders.
Same issue here. It crashes every time I go in to rate photos within a few minutes. Running Windows 10 Version 22H2. I've sent about 20 error reports.
The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #18.104.22.1683. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html