• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 - Double Clicking on Photo in Windows Explorer Doesn't Open It in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When double clicking on a photo in Windows Explorer while Adobe Bridge is open, it won't open the photo in Bridge. I have to close down Bridge, go back to Windows Explorer and double click on the photo again, then it opens in Bridge. Never had issues before the update. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify: are you opening a raw file in Adobe Camera Raw or Bridge.

Bridge cannot "Open" any file, so I want to ensure we are discussing the same things here. You can view a file in Bridge, but not Open a file in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a regular jpg image.

Thanks,

*Ronnie Rabena*

Cell: 403.350.1771
Email: ronnierabena@gmail.com
Personal Web: www.ronnierabena.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ron E Stallz Well, there's your answer. ANY JPG, TIF, PSD, or PNG file will not "open" in Bridge because all Bridge is is a viewer with extra abilities and control.

If you want to "Open" a folder in Bridge to see the content of everything that is in the folder, you can either select it in the Folder Panel, select a folder and Drag it to the Bridge icon in the Dock or the Window's start menu, or drag a single file from that folder to the Bridge icon just mentioned. 

I signaled out raw files because they have to open in Adobe Camera Raw to be opened by Photoshop. But not Bridge. However, from within Bridge, you can open a JPG or TIF image in Adobe Camera Raw for initial processing before you open it in PS.

Yeah, I know it seems complicated but once you know what Bridge, Photoshop, ACR and all the other programs can do, you'll appreciate them all the more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines