Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 is a massive FAILURE

Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Choice but to Downgrade Bridge to 12.0.3

As too many bugs and changes done to the latest version (13.0), especially give up New Window option for a content tab, so as many other problematic issues while working, this is the first time I'm unable to use an updated application by Adobe.

I can't believe that whoever thought that this update will serve the users is someone who works massively with Bridge. 

Shlomit

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree....the only thing that seems to work is to revert to the old Bridge.  There are far too many forums spelling out the mulitple problems.  Adobe please do something other than tell us to do a multitude of technical steps to fix Bridge 2023.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had serious problems with Bridge, Camera Raw and Photoshop 2023.  If I modify a CR3 file in RAW and the press Open, Photoshop will fail.  It is a mess.  Quality control here does not exist.  It feels like Adobe decided to just release this software and let the user's do system test for us.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They must have moved all the engineers offshore with support 

all just a lot of "you will do this" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Just deleted it and reverted back to 2022. It kept crashing and was very slow to open. Par for the course for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree... instaling old verison rigt now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, back to older

Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Bridge, Monday to Friday and this is one of the worst updates. Please get rid of the new version Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, WHY???

Are you working on fixing this 0-24h, please?

Embarassing, really. :'-((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, absolutely unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 2023 is a real POS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge just keeps getting worse and worse .. just like their offshore support 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version is really bad! "Open New Window" must come back, and why does not Bridge recognize ".fcpbundle" with a double-click????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I suggest to install the latest patch as it fixes many of the issues (unfortunately not yet the new window one) but the list is impressive, too bad MAX in too early in the release cycle: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PECourtejoie Hi,

If the New Widow feature is not back, to me there is no point to install Bridge 23. I can't work without it. I don't see that this patch brought back this feature. Therefor I will stay with Bridge 22.

Thank you,

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGREE!   I have gone back to 2022.03.     It was taking 15-20 seconds between each photo to do photo reviews - or longer!  Program would freeze and couldn't not be shut down, even using Task Manager.

Way to unstable to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to disagree with your post. I think Adobe Bridge 2023 was a huge success, please see my attached screenshots showing 700% CPU usage and 123GB of RAM usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @anthonys57530656 ouch, that is huge!!!! What were you doing? viewing a folder of raw files, create HQ previews? What where the files you worked on, please be descriptive so that the team can know it needs to be attentive to given files, workflows>

thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was viewing about 1,000 raw images from the Nikon Z9. The images had
been copied from the CFe card to my custom built desktop PC days earlier.
Simply moving from one image to the next took 15 seconds or more. Bridge
slowed even more - to a crawl....and then froze. I could not exit the
program. Using Task Manager, I could not exit Bridge. I could not shut
down the computer because Bridge was still running. I finally cut the
power to the PC.

I reverted to PS CC 2022........

--
Karen
Pleasant Photos <>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings @PECourtejoie,

I posted a thread regarding the resource usage last week here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/averaging-700-800-cpu-usage-on-adobe-bridge-2023/m...

The memory leak is a new thing that came up this week. Nothing special that I haven't done for years on prevoius versions of Bridge. In both instances, no active processses were being run, the system was "idle" - Bridge was open to about 4-5 content tabs showing thumbnails JPGs, PNGs, and PSD files. Again, nothing crazy that I haven't done for the past 15 years of using Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, wasn't Camera Raw updated this week? remember that it is used to create the thumbnails, and might even be used for the jpeg thumbnails, if ACR is set to develop them as well.

I tend to think as well that my workflow is the same, but 15 years ago, I was not shooting 45MPX files, and the number of FPS I could shoot were way lower, so I can understand some increase in the memory footprint, but of course maybe not to the extend that you experience.

But let's continue this discussion in the other thread whose subject is narrowed to your particular issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen Bridge turn into a runaway process on both Mac and Windows, not lately but it does happen. Usually just quit and restart will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear ADOBE,

Will you bring back the NEW WINDOW or NOT?

Please give us an asnwer to this question that everybody asks:

YES, or NO

Thank you,

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved the New Window feature as well, but the multiple tabs option now also does the trick and perhaps even easier. My problem with Bridge is at the slightest touch, suddenly a new panel is open, my panels are all messed up and I can't get it back the way I want. I need to read up on how to do the panels in this version - but PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT SO SENSITIVE! I don't even know how I'm closing and opening panels. It just seems to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines