• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 is dating my files 1/1/1904!

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Studio 2022, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.1

When I view my files in the Finder, the dates are correct.

When I view some of my files in Bridge 2023, the date is changed to 1/1/1904.

Please help. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HKAA Which date is incorrect, file date created, file date modified, IPTC date created, Exif (camera data) date created?

Can you send a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 6.51.24 PM.png

If I sort the folder by date modified in the finder, you can see that the dates are correct (2022)

When I view the same folder in Bridge, the files show "date modified" as 01/01/04.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the date for file 001 because I thought it was just ONE file, but alas, it is a problem with MANY files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem occurs in Bridge for "date modified" or "date created".  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1/1/1904 indicates that the date value is missing or not in the correct format for Bridge. Finder can read, obviously, so now we have to see what the raw metadata looks like. Let's start with the XMP metadata.

- Select a file with the 1/1/04 date.

- Open the File Info panel (File > File Info…) and click on "Raw Data" (in the list of panels on the left side).

- Click on the XMP data. Select all and copy all of the data. Paste it into a reply.

gregreser_1-1670374280397.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused about why this would be an issue if it never was before!

Something about the M1 chip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very good question. I haven't seen any other posts about this problem, so I don't know if it's happening with other M1 chip users (I'm using Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/" x:xmptk="Adobe XMP Core 7.1-c000 79.4d2f597, 2021/09/01-20:51:22 "> <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="" xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/" xmlns:xmpDM="http://ns.adobe.com/xmp/1.0/DynamicMedia/" xmlns:tiff="http://ns.adobe.com/tiff/1.0/"> <xmp:CreateDate>1904-01-01T00:00Z</xmp:CreateDate> <xmp:ModifyDate>1904-01-01T00:00Z</xmp:ModifyDate> <xmpDM:duration rdf:parseType="Resource"> <xmpDM:value>1168</xmpDM:value> <xmpDM:scale>1/1000</xmpDM:scale> </xmpDM:duration> <tiff:Orientation>1</tiff:Orientation> </rdf:Description> </rdf:RDF> </x:xmpmeta>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The create and modify dates in the XMP metadata are 1904-01-01 so Bridge is displaying them correctly. Mac Finder might be reading the file dates or the Exif dates rather than XMP. The XMP data from your image is very minimal. Usually there would be a lot more information, so that's a little puzzling.

The question is: how did the XMP dates get saved as 1904-01-01? What app created these files? That is probably where the dates were set. Bridge only changes dates if you perform some action, like editing metadata, resizing, or changing formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't confirm this information, but here is a discussion about Mac Finder Date Created, which seems to be different than XMP Date Created.

"Finder doesn't display EXIF metadata. It displays the date the image FILE was created, not the date the photo was taken."

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251158326

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the weirdly dated files are movies that are rendered out of Dragonframe, so maybe that's something? 

But I have a lot of movies that are rendered out of that software and only SOME are weirdly dated.  I didn't change anything except computers!  Is it a BRIDGE bug?  It's kind of nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably was Dragonframe. It's highly unlikely that it's a Bridge bug because there is no other metadata in the XMP that Bridge changed the dates (and it wouldn't have without some kind of edit/copy/export/workflow operation that you initiated).

There might be a solution though... You showed Date Modified was correct in Mac Finder, is Date Created also correct in Finder? If the File Properties Date Created is correct, you can synchronize it to the XMP Date Created in Bridge. 

Go to Camera Data (Exif) > Date Time Original and click the calendar icon to open the Edit Capture Time window.

gregreser_1-1671835242436.png

Select "Change to file creation date and time"

gregreser_0-1671835198013.png

If this works for a single test file, you can select several files and do the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of the normal metadata has been stripped out, I haven't seen this particular issue before so I'd look at your video rendering software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines