• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 issues

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed a new Bridge and unfortunately the changes made to it make my earlier workflow very difficult compared to the previous version:

- Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files

- preview colors of photos (all types of files) are completely different than displayed in PS. I tried to change the color spaces of the monitors, but it only introduced chaos and I don't know how to go back to the previous settings

- enlarging the size of the thumbnaili using ctrl + scroll does not work, and the magnifying icon under the panel, e.g. "content", overlaps other icons if it is squeezed, making it impossible to use it

- the overall layout is worse in my opinion and it cannot be adjusted to my requirements and habits

I wanted to go back to the older version, but then the cooperation with the new PS does not work (e.g. image processor) and I think I will have to downgrade the PS to the previous version as well, so these new updates do not make much sense to me.

Do other users have it too?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you reinstall 2022 after the 2023 update?

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having difficulty also.  The cursor jumps around and labels do not work at all. I use labels extensively in my workflow as a professional photographer. This is the most dissapointing release of Bridge ever. I am using a Mac OS 11.7. I ecven tried to reset preferences and clear cache. Tried to go back to a previouys release, but the only one I could find in my applications was Bridge 2019. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I was able to reinstall the previous version of bridge from Creative Cloud but it now does the same thing. Labels no longer work.  I hope adobe is actually reading these comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe reading these mail".  I was thinking the same thing, but reading them is one thing ...  and it is Friday.  Chaos ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some, but not all, .png files do not have thumbnail images. This was not true for Bridge 2022 or 2021. How do I fix this?

Follow The Sand, a 5-year movie plan: Wholeo 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my backup Bridge 2021 version 11.1.4.213 now also has no thumbnails for .png files created and on my Desktop file in Mac Finder, but copied to an external drive. I had trashed the desktop files. Now I recopied the files in the trash to the desktop where they have thumbnail images. I recopied them to the external drive and now all but two of them have thumbnail images. I'm hoping this is a temporary issue. Maybe you should wait until I see how this issue progresses.

Follow The Sand, a 5-year movie plan: Wholeo 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressing enter to open a folder or file isn't working for me, it does for a short period of time, then does nothing. Super annoying, and going to revert to earlier release until this is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrows keys don't work on Bridge 23. Really annoying!!!!!

To select bunch of photos, before was click on one photo with shift key, then drag to last photo you want to select. Now click on one photo with shift on doesn't allow you to sroll up or down. Must click on photo 1, scroll and then click on last photo with shift. OR click on photo 1, then use arrow with shift key to go to last photo.  !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to arrow keys not working, the cursor often disappears...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS!!! Same here. WTF. Sorry for bad language in a professional forum. But it feels we just left professional workflow behind for... I don't even know what for. Very upsetting. @Adobe please fix right away: 

- Open new window is PARAMOUNT to the Bridge workflow, MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!! 

- Arrow keys not working when returning one folder level up 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up on the incompatability of the old Bridge and new Photoshop. I've just uninstalled Bridge 2023 as I could not set up and save my workspace as I had it previously. Why is this not saved in any upgrades! I really wish Adobe would not release softward and then use their users as beta testers. NOT HAPPY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adbobe Bridge 2023 Users seem to be misused as Beta-Tester. Adobe should pay for that waste of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. And its peak editing season for many people. We have zero time to waste on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumb buttons on my mouse no longer work for navigation in Bridge. This is a MASSIVE pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@himynameisgeoff 

Cannot help you unless you provide your OS (and what release) and what kind of mouse you're talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bridge problem not an OS/mouse issue - impacting all installs across both widows 10 and 11 on old and new workstations with various mice, and is one of the numerous instances of old polished shortcuts being completely non-funcitonal or stripped out of the new version for no apparent reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Same problems with last update. Mouse comannds don't work, ctrl +/- don't scale and beside this, the interface is awful. I must find some programs that don't go worst with every update. Adobe Bridge, LR and PS it's worse with every major update. 80% new bugs and 20% bugs solved from last 80% from last update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Cannot help you unless ..."

So you wanna tell me that mouse thumb buttons work in your case?

You wanna tell us you do not experience any of these problems around us in this forum since the latest update?

We should be positive and open for changes? Yes, thankfully. But not for this untested crap. Thanks for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Windows 11 22h2

Logitech G502 Lightspeed 

The issue is non-existent on bridge 22, only on 23. After using bridge 23 for a couple of weeks, I'm noticing a lot of small bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This! I'm still open minded on other changes, they might work for me once I get used to them but removing the back/forward functionaly of the thumb buttons is utterly incomprehensible.
It does register the clicks, as you can select panels with it, so its not in any way an OS issue!

I hope this is a bug, If it is then how on earth could nobody have caught this one if it is.
Its the very first thing that made me go, "What? Whats wrong?", in the first few minutes of using it.
Makes the entire app just an utter pain to use, literally every app out there uses the thumb buttons for basic navigation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe bridge 2023 does not support graphic cards as previous versions do. My solution was not to use the graphic card and use software rendering instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link to the lousy programmers of Adobe Bridge??? Do they even read what the users write???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0 stars for this update. It's so broken I am seriously thinking of suing over the disruption to my professional workflow. This is costing me money. It's a seriously flawed release. Adobe should be held accountable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you.

Stared my day inspired, only to be reminded of the same laughable brick wall I ran into the past week. Then thinking, this is costing me time = money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe really is on a roll. It's been so often that I installed an update for no real reason at all (cause the new features suck) just to find out that the new version is actually worse and there are more bugs introduced. Same with Bridge here. The new UI is a mess, being slow and an asault to the eyes, and I have to deal with all the new file type associations again. All that for absolutely no improvements to my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines