• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 issues

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed a new Bridge and unfortunately the changes made to it make my earlier workflow very difficult compared to the previous version:

- Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files

- preview colors of photos (all types of files) are completely different than displayed in PS. I tried to change the color spaces of the monitors, but it only introduced chaos and I don't know how to go back to the previous settings

- enlarging the size of the thumbnaili using ctrl + scroll does not work, and the magnifying icon under the panel, e.g. "content", overlaps other icons if it is squeezed, making it impossible to use it

- the overall layout is worse in my opinion and it cannot be adjusted to my requirements and habits

I wanted to go back to the older version, but then the cooperation with the new PS does not work (e.g. image processor) and I think I will have to downgrade the PS to the previous version as well, so these new updates do not make much sense to me.

Do other users have it too?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after a week of struggling with the new version, I finally went back to the previous one. It's so refreshing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the previous version as well. The new Bridge didn't provide anything useful and features I rely on are broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot agree more. Besides Bridge 2023 hijacked processor and graphic card (the same with Illustrator v 27.0), it crashed randomly or even refused to start. I had to close the app via Task Manager to be able to re-start it. That light coloured system menu (with dark theme applied) was a direct hit into eyes and obviously a sidestep from Adobe.

Just reversed to Bridge 2022. It still has bugs but at least I can use every day without temptation to throw computer out of closed window…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you revert back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud app, scroll down to any of the apps & click on the 3 dot icon. There you'll find an "other versions" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, after a few days went back to previous version and I'm happy with that. I will not update again for quite some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall, this latest update sucks and that's it. Maybe it would be better to switch to Affinity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS 12.6 Monterey. Downloaded the new Bridge. I can no longer select a file in the Content window and drag it immediately to the trash bin. Still works in the prior version but not the one. Is there a reason for this? Is there a place to change that setting? Sometimes I just want to select several files and drag them to the trash within Bridge and the new version doesn't appear to have that functionality. Why would they change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your observation is correct. You currently cannot drag to the trash can.

You can right-click on one or more images and select "Move to Bin," (I have NO IDEA why this was changed from Move to Trash, just do not ask, OK?) or you can select and click on the TRASH CAN in the upper right-hand corner of Bridge's window.

And I have no idea if direct drag-to-trash will return or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming this option was removed. I and my boss were going crazy about it. Seems so counterproductive to remove that functionality. We've both reverted to the prior version for now because that is something we utilize when editing. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adode, this Bridge update is really challenging for a lot of us. The “Open new window” ( Command N ) was crucial for my workflow.  To get my actual job done quickely and effieciently i need to have "multiple Bridge windows" open on a signle monitor and the folders list for each window. To see multiple projects, image sets, logos, documents etc. Removing that feature is really a problem for using this app. Please add that back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. And I personally find Photoshop worthless without Bridge, because there are plenty of cheaper alternatives. Why I still use PS is many years of sorting and labeling in Bridge that Adobe just killed. Well, they killed me paying them too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be missing something but from what you mentioned two things come to mind:

1. You have to manually open all of these windows every time you set out to work, locate and size them on your screen, and point them to the correct folders.  I've done it that way, it's a bit of work to get set up.

2. You could simulate that setup now with a single workflow that has multiple undocked windows (or window sets) placed in the same location on your monitor, looking at exactly the content you want, without having to set that up every time.  It's one click on the workspace.  When you need do something else less involved, you click on a different workspace and all those windows dissappear and your off on another task.

These workspaces seem like a very good tool for getting to a complex task quickly, and not having to browse all over the favorites and folder tabs for files. There are some issues which I'm recording for a later post, but I like what I see so far. On a somewhat related note, I have two monitors and can no longer imagine doing the level of editing that I do with only one.  If that is an option, I would recommend that for anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To quote Adobe,"Bridge has encountered a problem and needs to close".

Ah well, there you go. 

Another thing I noticed is I used to look at a particular month and the dates of files in it.  The date you looked into was highlighted, so when you went back to the month there is was.  Not any more, at least on my version.  Not a very big deal but it was useful and I wondered, very briefly, why it had gone.  Phil Marlow, he'd know. 

On the other hand I'm getting used to the content windows and like them.  Great.

But the "has encountered a problem and needs to close", becomes instantaneously boring.  Pre-instantaneously probaly.  Maybe if it was phrased diffently, something less of the idea that Bridge is somehow an automanous deity without anybody behind it.  

It's probaly my mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's clear you don't really use this product. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 brings back support for 'Multiple Windows' along with a few new features.
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post : 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/...

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best news I have gotten in a VERY long time!!! Thank you Adobe for bringing back "multiple windows"! However I wasn't able to locate the 14.0.0.57 in my Creative Cloud app - I guess I will have to wait a little longer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm excited to start working in this Beta version.

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet by Zoom with S.P. last December to explain why multi-window workflows in Bridge are such and important and necessary asset for photographers. I was given the opportunity to share my screen and walk through my typical photoshoot workflow using Bridge (before and after working the images in Lightroom). I use this workflow every day and also have been teaching this to my college and private workshop students for more than a decade! 

I am very happy to learn that Adobe has listened! 

Matthew E. Lit

[Private information removed by Moderator]

Note to @fotomatt: Not everyone looking through these forums is a good person. Please be aware that leaving personal information is not advised.

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthew, I can not thank you enough for making Adobe listen to you/us!!! Oh my gosh  - thank you so much! I have kept using the old version of Bridge this entire time becasue I can not edit without multiple windows. But working in the old version of Bridge caused other issues as I was not able to perform certain tasks in Bridge because I received the message to "upgrade to the new Photoshop" so in those instances I had to close the old version of Bridge, open up my files in the new version of Bridge, so that I could complete the tasks I needed to do, and after completing those, close new bridge and re-open old Bridge. LOL fun stuff! 

I tried to find a way to communicate with Adobe - I sent them messages and emails, asking if I could please get to talk to a person so that I could explain why we all need "multiple windows", but, without success. I am so very happy you were able to get in contact with them and you were able to show them the difference multiple windows and multiple tabs do for us! I have not been able to download the beta version with multiple windows yet, but at least I know it's coming. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just now did I notice that you said that the Zoom call took place in December. kinda crazy that it is now end of August and they are just now starting to make the change. Oh well, at least it's happening. I'm ever so grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. A colleague of mine was able to arrange that meeting. I was impressed with the team head for his willingness to meet!

~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Appreciate that...sometimes I'm too trusting. Thanks moderators. 

~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried out a quick SD card > Harddrive workflow and it's great to use multiple windows again. Thanks for listening Adobe! And please personally thank S.P. for me, too. I look forward to this moving out of Beta stage! 

~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't see the Beta build 14.0.0.57 in my Creative Cloud. How can I access this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lemonshot888  In your Cloud software look for this in the left side column. 

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 2.12.48 PM.png

~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines