Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Bridge 2023 metadata issues

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have encountered a problem with the metadata panels. The Description and Keyword panels are different sizes in the new Bridge and the information I’ve put in them for new photos and for photos prior to the updates is now partially hidden to the left of the new panels. This continues to happen when I enter new words and I re-open the metadata panels later. Also, the photo file name no longer appears in the Document title for either new photos or old ones, even though I have checked the relevant box in preferences. I'm using the latest Mac OS

TOPICS
Bug , Keywords , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no data in the new Metadata panel - Win 10 latest incarnation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christinag64226964I also see the problem in the Description field of IPTC (IIM, legacy). Definatley a bug. The IPTC Core fields seem to be resizing to fit the text, with the exception of Title, Credit line and Source. 

I'm using Windows 10, so there might be a difference because of that.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christinag64226964,
Thanks for your feedback.

Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version
  • System configuration
  • Is the issue specific to particular files/format?
  • The full text that you had entered in the screenshot you have attached
  • The scaling factor that you are using Bridge with

It would be helpful if you could attach a video of the issue you are facing too.

Please share the sample file/files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I'm facing the same issue so I'll drop my information here in hopes it can get resolved somewhat quicker.

• Version: 13.0.0.562
  • Mac OS Monteray Version 12.3
  • Issue occurs whenever a metadata window is opened
    • The boxes for each category are stretched even though no text is present. Boxes are not wrapping the text as well
      • Full text is: Images fully released. Model releases are on file in Academic Enterprise Communications. Taken at the Luminosity Lab at the Fulton Center on Tempe campus on October 28, 2022. Photography by Enrique Lopez
    • Unsure how to locate the scaling factor I'm using

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: 13.0.0.562

System Configuration? MacPro version 12.6.1

Photo files affected are .tif and .jpg

I don't understand what you are asking for in the last two points

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe is asking for the entire contents in the Description field, in case there are unseen characters, like line breaks, that are forcing the field to be so tall (just guessing here). I doubt there are any other characters, but you can select the field and press Ctrl/Cmd + A to select all, then copy and paste that text here.

You can also look at the XMP metadata to see exactly what's there. In File Info, click Raw Data, then search for dc:description.

You should find this:

<dc:description>
<rdf:Alt>
<rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">flowering in Autumn - October</rdf:li>
</rdf:Alt>
</dc:description>

For the scaling settings:

On a Mac, Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays

On Windows you can find the scaling in Settings > System > Display

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help here. Fingers crossed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge Version: 13.0.0.562

System Configuration? MacPro version OS 12.6.1

Photo files affected are .tif and .jpg

sample text entered which has always been fine in this format before: Crocus speciosus 'Conqueror' flowering in Autumn - October

<dc:description> <rdf:Alt> <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Crocus speciosus 'Conqueror' flowering in Autumn - October</rdf:li> </rdf:Alt> </dc:description>

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am facing a similar issue in Bridge 2023.  I see a dash where there used to be information in the camera Metadata. I just updated Bridge 2023, and it's still not showing metadata!  I'm using Macbook Pro; Apple M1 Chip OS 11.7, Bridge 13.01.583.  This seems to have been an issue for a while.  Why hasn't this been corrected?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of things are screwed up in Bridge 2023

Metadata 

When I open Bridge (now the red dot works and if you press it Bridge litterally shuts down rather than minimizes) 

The "plackard shows at the top pof the Metadata screen (I'm in "Essentials) 

So I switch to another panel (Preview , Folders, Libraries etc) and come back to Essentials and the the metadata Plackard (which shows exposure, ISO, file size, type of metering etc) is BLANK and cannot be rfreshed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thos problem with the metadata placard is no wixed in the firs update to bridge that came out a few days ago. but the File Info panel sizes are all over the place. All comih from Adobe not Apple .. 

Also pressing the Red Dot stil truly closes Bridge 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot tpye .. placard is now fixed in the first update 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines