• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 numerous bugs - unusable

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately at this point, I am unable to use Bridge 2023 in my production workflow because it is very, very buggy.

This list was compiled on Windows 10 Pro, have not yet been able to do much testing on Mac. I do have both Intel and M1 Macs so I will be evaluating it there.

- Move only, no copy for drag-and-drop, even if Option key held down
- Favorite not highlighted during drag, making it difficult to determine the drag target
- "No Labels" and "No Ratings" in Filter panel (should be "No Label" and "No Rating")
- Text spacing in Details mode, still VERY poor layout and use of space. I bugged this several versions ago in pre-release and it hasn't been addressed
- No drive info (used/free/items) (this is basic, vital info.)
- Metadata panel, poor text layout and wrapping (items truncated instead of wrapped, uses way too much space)
- No tooltip for truncated panel text (Impossible to see what has been truncated)
- Difficult to dock detached panels
- No scrollbar arrows, too narrow scrollbars (use of custom scrollbars instead of system controls, please put arrows back.)
- Poor performance with large folders
- Tabs hard to distinguish (tabs should have clear outline)
- Active Content tab indicator does not follow HIG (blue square) (we just went through this with the Share button in Photoshop. Better tab outlines would eliminate this issue)
- Cannot right-click to add panel to panel group
- Filter panel intermittently not correctly updating, especially with large folders
- Metadata panel may incorrectly show "Multiple values" when only one file selected
- Cannot open Windows shortcut in Content panel
- QuickSearch history intermittently not retained
- Metadata.applyMetadataTemplate() not working (ExtendScript)
- Metadata panel doesn't stay expanded when changing file selection

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Metadata , Performance , Problem or error , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problems.  Some are different

- When moving or deleting a file, the navigation jumps up to the root directory.  Have to scroll down to where I was working.

- Thumbnails saved by Photoshop in grayscale are distorted.  Skewed in the thumbnail.  Chaning to RGB works.  Back to Grayscale, again distorted.

- Metadata  panel is useless.  The panels do not stay in their configuration 'Saved to Current Workspace"

- Too much line spacing in every panel.  Less info shows in the same panel as earlier versions.

- Double clicking does not open the corresponding software.  Windows 10 Pro.

- Selecting Mulitple Files Does NOT SHOW TOTAL files.  2 4MB  files should say Multiple Values 8MB

- Twirling down ANY subdirectory takes several clicks.  Sometimes it twirls and then untwirls.  Annoying.

I just reinstalled 12.01 so I can work.  I am so leary about installing a new Bridge it is not funny.  I just know it is not going to work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had similar problems on a 27 inch iMac (2020).

I downloaded and reinstalled the previous version of Bridge. The 2023 version was just unusable for me.

Shocked that Adobe have released such a flawed version of this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Deleting pictures in photoshop bridge. If I delete a file say part way down in the preview (left side two columns wide, JPG and Raw side by side) after deleting Bridge take me back to the top of the listed files. I have scroll down to the position in list I was at before deleting. Wasting time. It did not do this before doing the latest upgrade 13.0.0.562. I cannot find a way to stop this. I use the following work round. Give the file that you want delete one star rating, then use filter with one star select all and delete.If you make mistake you can restore from bin. It's still slow but faster than having scrolling down all the time. The all upgade feels like more like downgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issues, I am unable to rate images which is a huge issue especially for us in busy season. I have uninstalled, cleared cache, reinstalled an older version but camera raw is updated and I am unable to rate or cull images completely.. 

Adobe, please fix this.. We do not pay for this product for it to not work! 

This is such a headache, I have so many clients waiting on images.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it's terrible! thanks, everyone above so I don't have to restate. 

Also can not open a second window!?! critical in my workflow-

and no subfolders in the left pane you have to click again to see. we want fewer clicks not more, I must be able to see my work. 

what a waste of my morning.

Terrible

I got suckered by the cool new things- but will not use. please let us know when you fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running an M1 Macbook Pro, macOS Monterey and finding several bugs.  Moving back and forth from finger nails and to full screen previews, it would select the previous full screen file and the current one. The cursor disappeared when in the Bridge window but was visible everywhere else. And as my 2022 version, full screen images would occasionally start blinking. Any Mac users find these or other bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to using 2022. Still the blinking problem but 2023 had that and many more bugs. Hard for me to believe Adobe would release something with so many obvious bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, who's the moron who thought this version was ready for release???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an M1 MacBook Pro and it just keeps crashing. I am going back to last version. This is close to the definition of insanity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had installed Bridge 2023 and Photoshop 2023.  I went back to Bridge 2022 becasue of all the bugs.  And now when I try to use a Photoshop tool (Image Processor) there's a message saying I need to update Photoshop which I had already done.  The only update available to me is Bridge 2023 and I am not doing that.  So I had to unistall Photoshop 2023 and install Photoshop 2022 and I can now use the Image Processor with Bridge 2022.  Back where I was before I updated Photoshop and Bridge, what I horrible update expereince and quite annoying for a subscription service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a little tricky, but I have both Bridge 2022 (for production) and 2023 (for testing) using Photoshop 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS. I have damn near gone insane today trying to figure it out. Lost 5 hours of work time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW FRUSTRATING THE DRAG AND SELECT OPTION NOT WORKING AND THE STARRING ISSUE IS. I had to just downgrade. I lost 5 hours of work I really needed trying to figure this out. I got disconnected 3 times by different people "helping me". I think they know its an issue but they havent solved it yet so they are doing the runaround. This happens everytime theres a new release. It is SO frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to prior version of Bridge 2022 was the temporary solution to all the listed problems cited above and by other users in different threads.  This update may have been the worst one Adobe has ever done with Bridge.  Navigating is a nightmare and the interface is terrible.  The earlier version worked well and has NONE of the problems of version 2023 being cited by users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just hit a can't delete a file problem after upgrading and arrived here, so +1 for reverting back a version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to uninstall Bridge 2023. I wasted 30 minutes of my time trying to dock the panels, etc. It doesnt work! Who write this software should be fired!  It is not ready for release man. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to Dock the Panels is to go to the Workspace, click on the hamburger menu, and Select "Reset to Saved Layout."

Yes, it's a bit silly but that will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many of the issues reported in the thread are fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to some of the Forum messages, this version makes some things
worse.
I will not be updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Bridge 2022 for production but will be updating Bridge 2023 as they still need to know about bugs and problems. Hopefully we see more bug fix releases this winter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the update. I also hit problems calling PS from v12, so have now uninstalled it and installed this new version.

It *seems* OK so far, other than an annoying pause on deletion where the focus is taken back up to the top of the screen of thumbnails before returning the the right place. This slows down image review a lot. Could you get this looked at please?

Ta,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purtroppo ci sono ancora tantissimi bug.... e non so come mai uno script che ho dal 2016 per raccogliere i Metadata, e mi appariva nel menu, ogni volta che cambiavo versione di Bridge, adesso non entra piu!

Insomma, avete fatto tanti bei cambiamenti di layout, ma davvero, il bridge 2023 non funziona bene.... Troppi guai ancora oltre questo grande guaio che ho di non poter usare lo script per i Metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're perhaps leaving out the most important part: Adobe doesn't care. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So many problems. Didn't they test it before releasing it? It's completely crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines