Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge automatically cropping images

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having trouble with Bridge. I have a folder of images I am cropping in Photoshop and viewing on Bridge at the same time. About a quarter of these images have a small crop icon on the top right hand corner, these images look like they have been cropped in too much, I did not do this. I have one example open in Photoshop where I have cropped it how I like but when I save it Bridge crops in even more, but maintains the crop I chose on Photoshop. After I close this it will then only open as the over cropped image.

Any solutions for this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Select all images that display the crop symbol in Bridge, then press CMD/CTRL-R to open in Adobe Camera Raw.

Ensure all images are selected on the lefthand side filmstrip area.

Open the crop tool, then right contextual click within the cropped area of an image and select “clear crop” and then press done.

clear-crop.jpg

Another option would be to use ExifTool to reset the offending metadata information:

Mac OS:

exiftool -r -overwrite_original -ext .jpg -XMP-crs:HasCrop='False' 'MAC OS PATH TO FILE OR TOP LEVEL FOLDE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lornam,

Could you please share a screenshot of the issue you are facing?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 7.49.54 PM.png
I'm getting the same thing. It seems the JPG aspect is coming in with the RAW file. I didn't notice this before today.
This is what it should look like

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 7.55.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all images that display the crop symbol in Bridge, then press CMD/CTRL-R to open in Adobe Camera Raw.

Ensure all images are selected on the lefthand side filmstrip area.

Open the crop tool, then right contextual click within the cropped area of an image and select “clear crop” and then press done.

clear-crop.jpg

Another option would be to use ExifTool to reset the offending metadata information:

Mac OS:

exiftool -r -overwrite_original -ext .jpg -XMP-crs:HasCrop='False' 'MAC OS PATH TO FILE OR TOP LEVEL FOLDER'

Windows OS:

exiftool -r -overwrite_original -ext .jpg -XMP-crs:HasCrop="False" "WINDOWS OS PATH TO FILE OR TOP LEVEL FOLDER"

These recursive platform specific ExifTool commands will only process .jpg extension files, you can add -ext .arw to the command to also process the raw files if required, or remove the extension to process all files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I figured it out in Lightroom. Can't believe how much time I spent trying to figure that out. Changed the settings on my camera so this doesn't happen any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which camera settings were throwing a spanner into the works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines