• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2018 - batch and image processor disappeared

Contributor ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My output tools disappeared from Bridge CC 2018.

I'm on a Mac OS "High Sierra". Photoshop is the latest edition.

I had to reinstall after a major crash of Bridge, and when I opened it up, batch and image processor (the whole photoshop menu) was gone.

Upon internet research I saw this problem goes as far back as Bridge CS2, but I could not find fixes.

I have had this problem once in the past, but I don't remember how I fixed it.

Startup scripts Photoshop cc and bridge 2018 and bridge 2019 are there and checked

I have so much work to do (deadlines over deadlines) and can't do it without the automate menu - how do I get it back?

TOPICS
Batch , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

I have a solution.

I called Adobe Support and had a great experience with a very knowledgeable guy, Rajeef.

The one thing that lost Adobe Bridge CC 2018 the Photoshop command was removing Photoshop 19 from my computer.

Even if you use Photoshop 20, you need Photoshop 19 at least on your computer in order to have the extensions. The moment your remove Photoshop 19, you will lose the extensions (batch, image processor).

I had already noticed that all the extension files were located in the extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Bridge​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Bridge preferences.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work.

The Photoshop menu is still missing - no image processor and no batch command.

The content of the extensions folder is the same as in Bridge 2019 (which has the batch command and the image processor - but I don't want to use it because the previews of Bridge 2019 are blurry and you cannot customize the image background so that it suits you. It also has a cluttered interface, which is why I want to continue using Bridge 2018)

I have uninstalled-installed both versions of Bridge a dozen times with computer startup.

With Bridge 2019 it asks me to install extensions, with Bridge 2018 it doesn't.

How can I get the extensions activated in Bridge 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution.

I called Adobe Support and had a great experience with a very knowledgeable guy, Rajeef.

The one thing that lost Adobe Bridge CC 2018 the Photoshop command was removing Photoshop 19 from my computer.

Even if you use Photoshop 20, you need Photoshop 19 at least on your computer in order to have the extensions. The moment your remove Photoshop 19, you will lose the extensions (batch, image processor).

I had already noticed that all the extension files were located in the extensions folder of Bridge CC 2018. They just didn't load. For them to load, you need the older version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big issue for Bridge

On needs the ability to migrate preferences so multiple version is PS can be used

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUPRISING:  Photoshop 20 is incompatible with Bridge 2018.

If I have Photoshop 20 open and Bridge 2018 and do a batch process, then Bridge opens a second version of Photoshop, and I end up having two versions of Photoshop open.

This really needs serious work. Bridge 2018 should be compatible with Photoshop 20 (If I delete Photoshop 19 I lose batch and image processor, the whole Photoshop submenu in Bridge - which means they are incompatible)

I do not want to use Bridge 2019 because:

1. Previews are blurry

2. Interface is overcrowded and you cannot customize the color tones that you want as a backdrop. Bridge 2019 is a huge step backwards. Give us the options to make the interface look as we want, und don't take customization away from a professional product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s mainly due to file associations generated by the OS during install.

This has been like this for over 2 years and I don’t think it’s a high priority for Adobe since they alwAys want to push the latest and greatest

JMTW

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are not incompatible. However, Photoshop (and InDesign, and Illustrator) install scripts which create the menus in Tools. They can only work with one version at a time, which is the matching one.

If you have different app versions, they still work together but the scripts won't point to the one you want.

Match up Bridge and Photoshop versions and you'll be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.

I uninstall both Photoshop and Bridge and reinstall them again. During first opening Bridge you will be asked:

The Bridge extension "photoshop" has been added to Bridge. Do you want to enable it now? Click Yes. Then you will be asked few more questions about another items located in the same extension. Click 'yes' each time.

This solved my problem. Hope that help you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines