• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2019 changing "Date Created" file property

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While using Bridge CC 2019 (9.0.3) on a Windows 10 system, some image files have "Date Created" and "Date File Modified" randomly changed, creating chaos in my workflow.  Have reverted to Bridge CC 2018.  Any idea what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChuckMaas,

That isn't a great user experience as Bridge 9.0.3 is unexpectedly changing the "Date Created" and "Date File Modified", we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Did the problem started after an update to Bridge CC? Are you checking

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, after updating to CC 2019. About 10 years of my weekly cartoon psd files all got their modified date changed to the same day. The date created is still accurate, but I often base a new episode on an old one or use a template, so that's not at all useful. Now my filters for "everything published in 2015" (for instance) are all empty. I could restore everything from backups, but not if Bridge is just going to bite me again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Date created metadata field. Is it happening for any specific file types?

-Smriti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my files that were in the directory in question got the modified date changed to jun 5, which i think is when I updated. Every file I have created/modified since in that directory has the correct modified date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tried reproducing this issue and it's no reproducible. Could you please try using the latest version of Bridge and let us know how it goes? Thanks, ^Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version (downloaded today) of bridge.

HOW CAN I FIX THE CREATION AND MODIFICATION DATES UNDER FILE INFO?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when changing a rating or label. Appearently this info is saved in the file itself?

Anyway, dates should obviously not be influenced by any rating or labeling of the files.

I have added a bug report in the Uservoice Brigde section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm. Adobe Bridge CC 2019 make total mess in my photo collection based on date Modified Date. Now I don't know when was my photo take. What a stupid idea, ratings and labeling are interfering with photos date. Whole collectoin is now totaly crap 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. And I have no backup, so Adobe destroy my whole collection of photos. I wonder if I can according to law demand compensation, because one bug do total mess with my 20-years old photo collection. I will contact a lawyer regarding this matter. Unfortunately, the situation can be difficult due to the country of my residence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having issues with this "issue" in Bridge CC 2020! Any fixes yet?

Date Created and Date file modified is still switched.Date Created and Date file modified is still switched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty nasty bug, I was able to recover my data loss as my photos are manually sorted into folders by month. But my Date Created got overwritten simply by adding a single Label to a photo.

I was a day-one Picasa user and after 18 years, (four years after it was retired by Google) I decided to move on and the first piece of software I try can't hold a candle to an 18 year-old UI...and has a showstopper bug to boot?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M2020-09-08_7-42-55 Bridge labeling.jpgan I would have caught that.

I am not seeing that occuring in my version.

Thats really, really weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This xmp corruption issue is still ongoing.    Take a look at this xmp file created in Bridge, which states that the file was created a week earlier than it was, on a different lens than it was  (ie. it was taken apparently at 85mm on a 100-400mm lens. - Bridge has conflated two different xmps relating to different folders after moving the image around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines