Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2019 freezes

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yesterday I installed Bridge CC 2019 and when I choose to open moore than 20 images, Bridge freezes and I can't clic on anything. I have to the apple icon and force the programme to exit. I have never had this problem before.

I have updated my iMac (Retina 5 K, late 2015) with the newest OS (High Sierra).

Has anyone a clue? 🙂

Grateful for all help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Dear Users,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge CC (9.0.1.216) which also includes fix for this issue.

Request you upgrade your Bridge version from Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop or https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/bridge

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this is a widespread problem. I´m also having the same issues - when clicking a Bridge thumbnail nothing happens, not even with the contextual Open command - only the Open With works. Very annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. When I separate out files from different cameras (filtered by Bridge in "Model") and place them into different folders - a procedure I have been doing for many years over multiple versions of Bridge - immediately after I select and drag the filtered set to a new folder, the whole application freezes completely - even Quit is greyed out. The only way to solve it is to Force Quit, and do another select and transfer, and it freezes again. It is not intermittent - it happens 100% of the time, and only after the new Bridge 2019 update. (MacOS High Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Freezes when transferring files from one drive to another, or when selecting multiple images. The previous version worked perfectly. I hope a fix is forthcoming ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

We are investigating this issue. Meanwhile please use context menu move to option instead of drag and drop as a workaround.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha Abhinshek,

Wonderful news! Love Adobe products, love Bridge — delighted at your responsiveness. Programming bugs happen.

As I've never used the "context menu" to move files, could you explain?

Mahalo!

Cat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To move files via right click follow the steps as below

Mac:

Select assets in content panel, press Ctrl+Click on one of the selected assets. Look for the option "Move to" and select the destination by clicking on "Choose Folder" or you can use recent or favorite folders as well that are available

Win:

Select assets in content panel, right click on one of the selected assets. Look for the option "Move to" and select the destination by clicking on "Choose Folder" or you can use recent or favorite folders as well that are available

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I accessed a folder on our server through Bridge, and drag-copied many photos from my downloads folder to the folder on the server in the Bridge window. It seems to copy them, but I have to force quit and reopen if I want to click on any of them and to view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha Abhishek,

Thank you!

While I'm on the boards...

... Bridge CC 2019 also doesn't "remember" my changes to layout.

Thus, every time I use it, I must redo it the way I like it.

With the earlier version, Bridge "remembered" my setup, and when I closed and reopened it, everything was as I left it.

Thanks!

Looking forward to a Bridge with full functionality!

Cheers,

Cat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having lots of issues with Bridge 2019 but I am running a bit older OS ( Sierra 10.12.6  on a  Retina 13 inch late 2013 8GB memory) so mine may be a hardware issue.  I don't typically work on this laptop but am traveling so it is all I have with  me.  I did NOT delete Bridge 2018 when I installed the new version....should I have?  Will that perhaps make a difference in the performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve just fired up Bridge CS6 again and it’s actually doing the the files and folders drag and drop job for the moment. CC2019 is impossible using the “move to” command - way too slow. Just hope Adobe can fix it soon so we can get on with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with "Save for Web". Photoshop used to remember my previous settings. Now when I quit out of PS and come back in on new work, "Save for Web" is reset to that dafault so I have to tweak everything back to my preferences again and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhishek -

Last night I came home from and photoshoot and was going to upload images. I sat down and put my 1st 4 GB San Disk 40 MB/s Extreme CF card into my IOGEAR card reader. Bridge was open and I saw the CF appear as EOS_DIGITAL under "Computer" on the "Folders" tab of Bridge.

Without thinking, I just loaded the images the way I always have by dragging and dropping the folder "100EOS1D" to my external G-Technology hard drive. As soon as I did, I knew I should have not loaded the images that way. The little Adobe Bridge progression window opened and showed me the file upload.

If I grab that little window, I can move it independently to any location on my screen. If, however, I grab the Adobe Bridge window, The small progression screen is stuck to it. Wherever I move the large Bridge window, the small progression window is attached and moves with it. The is also the point where Bridge will not let me view/work on other folders or images like it used to. I am stuck waiting for the images to fully upload before I can get Bridge functionality back.

So - speaking of functionality. The card I uploaded had 182 images - RAW and medium JPEG. After the upload. I left my computer as Bridge was frozen and figured I would deal with it later. I returned 3 hours later to find Bridge fully working.

This might be a bit redundant to my previous posts, but it is a more step-by-step on what I'm doing and experiencing with Bridge 2019 on my Mac running Majove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just reverted back to Bridge 2018 until these problems get sorted.  I open about 20 files at a time into ACR - usually I just highlight the files I want and double click - but in bridge 2019 it doesnt allow me to do that - it just opens one file!  The only way I can get them all to open at once is to right click and use the side menu and select open in ACR, after years of using the same workflow I am forgetting each time and then end up having to delete each file as it opens separately!

edit:  I have had to revert back to cc18 in photoshop as well for it to do this again for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I get back to Bridge CC 2018?

And in the same vein, how do I get back to Photoshop CC 2018?

(And why is it taking Adobe so long to fix these issues? I don't get it.)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

Here are the steps to install previous versions of Adobe applications

Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had another problem with ps 2019 which I feel I should mention, when the images were going back into bridge after being edited the colour profiles were different and they went really dark, I rang and spoke to adobe about this and in the end it seemed that a vignette action I was using was screwing things up. I ended up deleting the action which is a shame as it is one I use a lot. I also lost my NIK collection in the new ps 2019. Having re installed the older version (2018) - my vignette action is back in there and working beautifully and my Nik collection is back in there.  Cat Songs the re installation of an older version was dead easy, in your CC app just use the drop down box next to the one you want to change and choose manage and then it shows other versions.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem when moving images between folders in Bridge. Thanks for keeping us updated Abhishek.

I also downloaded the previous version of Bridge, but it too has glitches, mainly that it doesn't allow Photoshop actions, under the Tools menu, the "photoshop" option is no longer there. But it is present in even older versions of Bridge, as well as the new 2019 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within Bridge, when I drag multiple images into a folder it freezes up. Whether thats within the Bridge interface, or if I drag to a browser window, it freezes and I need to force quit and re-open.

Adobe CC2019

2016 iMac 10.13.6

64 gigs ram

External drive - 16tb OWC Raid 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, freezes when selecting multiple items need to Force Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

If you are facing freeze issue in Bridge while dragging files.

Please use right click to move assets with in Bridge.

We are investigating this issue at our end.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not so sure it's moving the files that causes the freeze, it seems to lockup with multiple selections before you get a chance to move, copy or even scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have to force-quit many times daily. Bridge seems like it's maybe not locked up exactly but I can't interact with the windows anymore. It's like it's not selected as the current application but it is. I often drag items from a Bridge window onto Photoshop droplets in the Finder and I think this is when it often stops working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Macs with updated PS are freezing after moving files from one folder to another in Bridge also.

I can move 25 without freezing up, 26 or more, then I have to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge CC (9.0.1.216) which also includes fix for this issue.

Request you upgrade your Bridge version from Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop or https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/bridge

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Deepak,

I have udated Bridge, there is less problem with moving files, but still, the application runs so so slow that I want to punch it.

My computer details:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Software  OS X 10.14 (18A391)

Processor  3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Memory  32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics  AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

1 TB Flash Storage

External 10 TB SAS Disk

Adobe CC 2019 Middle Eastern Version

All the best,

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines