• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC 2019 on 4K Display

Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody any experience to share regarding Bridge CC 2019 on 4K displays?

There is plenty to read regarding UI size issues but no simple solution that I have seen.

I must add that I don't have 4K displays myself so I have not seen the issue personally.

I was considering buying 4K displays but I don't wish to go that way if I will be unable to use Bridge.

(Same comments with Photoshop CC 2019 too!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac Pro (cheese grater) so I don't have the option to adjust the interface size like newer models can. So I've had to set my 4K to 3200 x 1800. Bridge 2019 hates that. So I just installed 2018 version and it's back to usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are working on support for high resolution screens in Bridge. But I am not sure why you say that it works well in 2018. Could you share specifics of what looks better in 2018 compared to 2019?

Regards,

Teja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 was screaming fast out of the gate but eventually slowed down considerably—but not as slow as the current 2019 version—about 30 minutes later when I started using it more demandingly.

While folders with with images load slowly the first time in both versions, it’s selecting a thumbnail, and especially more than one, that is unbearably slow.

2018 is just a bit faster at the selecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just updated Bridge to 9.0.3.279.

It's WAY less terrible, but still sluggish selecting thumbnails. Very fast, essentially normal, loading them, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few days, selecting thumbnails has crawled almost to a halt, but loading thumbnails has remained fairly quick.

Looking forward to that high-res monitor version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Please help us with answers to few queries which would help us understand and narrow down issue:

1. Does it happen for all files or some specific file format or size?
  2. Does it happen for files which are located on a network folder?
  3. Is it consistent and you see it each time or after a certain action like immediately after launch, or some other action in Bridge?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Essentially, all file types and folders. Doesn't seem to matter how large the original file is, though it does seem to matter how much info is in the thumbnail. A logo with lots of whitespace selects faster than a magazine cover. Though both take over 2 seconds to show as selected.

2. Doesn't seem to matter, regarding selection, whether it's on a network or not. I have a Synology NAS and it's the same. But the thumbnails load a bit slower.

3. It's consistent. Booting up the Mac Pro (5,1; 48 GB RAM; 12 core; Mojave 10.14.5; Samsung m.2 boot disk) then booting Bridge then loading a new folder has joy for about 2 mins, then it begins to crawl everywhere. No amount of futzing with the prefs helps.

I definitely attribute the speed issues to not using the Samesung 4K monitor in native rez. I'm using 3200 x1800 which is HD and not "fuzzy" like other offered resolutions. iTunes also has this issue, and another small app from the App Store called Go For Facebook. All other apps are fine with the 3200 x1800.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, just to flog this a bit more:

- The latest update to Illustrator (23.0.3) seems to have slowed, as though it doesn't want bridge to have all the glory.

- The reason I can't use the 4K in native is because Apple is not offering the brilliant interface System Preferences option to help make menus readable that they offer on newer 4K and 5K systems, because Apple. so 3200 x 1800 is a very happy medium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jeffhalmos,

In order to investigate the issue, we would like to have a web screen sharing session .

We are located in India(IST time zone) , please let me know a 30 mins slot that works for you.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines