• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC will not recognize my external hard drive

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a solution to Bridge CC not recognizing external hard drives?  I have tried holding down the option+command+shift keys when opening Bridge and resetting everything.  I have also made sure there are no updates.  I have no problem with the external drive in Lightroom or Photoshop, only Bridge is the problem.  I am on a Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All works perfectly! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestions fixed my problem.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three year old advice that is still spot on! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this is Apple, not Adobe. They added a bunch of Protection for the user that can trip up other applications. 

While I have not updated to Ventura yet, I do understand that the look and design of this part of the System Preferences has changed quite a bit. But the basics are still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had this kind of problem, tried this suggestion. It works fine, Bridge was not allowed to access my drive! Thanks a lot !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix did not work for me.  I am attaching screenshots in hopes I did not do it correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Kelly orr, It appears from your screenshots that you're using Ventura, correct? (If not, let me know).

Here are the instructions specifically for Ventura:

Go into the System Preferences and select the Privacy & Security tab on the left, then select the Accessibility tab top.

gary_sc_0-1677539897731.png

Now, click on the "+" button on the very bottom which will open a Finder's window into the Applications folder. Select Acrobat Pro. Be sure to slide the On/Off button to On (to the right). You may need to enter your administrator's password at some point. You also may need to quit Acrobat and reopen.

gary_sc_1-1677539897732.png

Please let us know if that works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this! Worked perfectly.🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - worked like a treat!

Thanks

Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Solved my problem.  If you are using the latest macOS... Ventura... you have to search on this option as Security preferences is now system settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works perfectly thank you for the help 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! only thing that worked for me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gary!  I have wasted all morning trying to work out why my new updated LR wouldn't read my external drive Lightroom files, when it did yesterday!  You have saved my deadline, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gary_sc that sorted out my issues in a jiffy. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, gary_sc—excellent advice.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem also. Thank-you Gary, this fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines