• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge crashes when opening subfolder containing layered tif files.

Participant ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows

Bridge Ver 12.0.3.270

As a part of my workflow, I have several subfolders. Some contain PDF files, some contain single-layer tif files, and some contain layered tif files (LZW compression). This has been a part of my workflow for several years. As of the most recent Bridge update, whenever I open the subfolder containing the layered tif files, Bridge crashes. I've went to multiple subfolders, and the same thing consistently happens. I've accessed local versions and remote (networked) versions and after opening the subfolder and seeing the thumbnails, it crashes.

Photoshop is not affected as I can drag from Windows File Explorer into PS and they open. 

I had a coworker, who updates Bridge regularly (is on save version), but doesn't use it as part of their workflow, go into a networked subfolder and the same thing happened to their Bridge. Then, because they don't remove old versions when updating (as I do), they accessed the same subfolder with Bridge 2021 and it worked as usual. No crash and all subfolders accessible.

Assuming this is a Bridge issue, I'm likely going to go back to a previous version until this changes. Seeing how two of  us can reproduce the problem, I'm assuming it's a Bridge issue.

I also have PS/Bridge in a personal Mac that I may try to reproduce the problem with, when I get a chance.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be confusing. This only happens when accessing the subfolders that have the layered tifs. The PDF and single-layer tif subfolders do not crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading another person's crash issue, it sounds like they have narrowed it down to opening folders that have text files in their tif. All of the tif files in the folder where I have the issue contain multiple text file layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for a potential solution. I reverted back to 12.02 and the problem is gone. But now I keep getting messages to update to 12.03, which I don't want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add me to the list of having this same problem. After reading your replies, I also bascked off  version 12.0.3 to the previous version 12.0.2 and have no problem. I will wait for at least a month before updating to latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines