• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Creating Multiple Files When Downloading

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is creating multiple copies of photos when I download from my camera.  I'm using a Z7 and running on Windows 10 - Bridge is up to date.  This just started a few days ago.  When I use the Photo Downloader it creates two copies of each photo from my camera - I then have to delete every other one before I start actually downloading.  Anyone have any ideas??

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version
  • System configuration
  • Is the issue specific to particular files/format?
  • Can you please post screenshots of the issue

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

Bridge Version: 12.0.0.234

Windowns 10

Shooting Raw with a recently formatted card

kurth99_0-1636914319278.png

Here I took two photos.  When I download the camera an extra copy pops up.  This started about 2-3 weeks ago or so.

Have any ideas?

-Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem, and apparently for a lot of people. Not only is a pain to go in and delete all the extra files afterwards, but it significantly slows down the file copy / download process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is nothing being done? As far as I can see it has not even been
acknowledged.
J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having a whole variety of problems since the upgrade to
Bridge 2002. Honestly beginning to believe that Adobe wants all us
Bridge users to give up and migrate to Lightroom. Death by a thousand
cuts kinda thing.

Meanwhile I'm hanging on to my Bridge 2000 for taking care of many tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any doubt that Adobe is at war with Bridge (or Bridge's users/fans). I've been able to accomplish some tasks using Bridge 2019 but can't make contact sheets because B2019 is no longer supported. So I have to bounce back and forth between B2019, B2021 and B2022.
Why are they doing this? I suspect they think Lightroom is superior and eventually Bridge users will give up and switch. So sad we have to PAY for this aggrivation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too believe that Adobe are trying to force it’s users onto LR and as LR has excellent cataloguing and editing it’s worth it for those who want to go that way.
I have used LR and find it a little more cumbersome with the cataloguing than Bridge. I have now purchased Photo Mechanic Plus and find that a very good system for all that’s needed for a large library and multiple catalogues but at a cost of course.
If you only want display and keywords without the ability (yet) to create multiple catalogues I would say have a look at ApolloOne, yes it costs but is extreemly low price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here. In addition to the folder I normally download my photos into, Photo Downloader creates a folder "100MEDIA" and puts a copy of every downloaded image in there. Also creates yet another folder "DCIM" and in that folder Photo Downloader creates another folder, "100MEDIA", and puts still another copy of every downloaded original image in there. I end up with three copies of every photo:

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 2.01.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@czitzmann wrote:

Similar problem here. In addition to the folder I normally download my photos into, Photo Downloader creates a folder "100MEDIA" and puts a copy of every downloaded image in there. Also creates yet another folder "DCIM" and in that folder Photo Downloader creates another folder, "100MEDIA", and puts still another copy of every downloaded original image in there. I end up with three copies of every photo:

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 2.01.49 PM.png

I'm getting the same issue too. But mine reveals itself as the following:  main downloaded folder had 2 more folders: 100EOS5D and a DCIM. Yet the DCIM folder contains the 100EOS5D which contains another copy of the images. In total I too get 3x each image and have to delete the extras.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are there such folders inside your external drive from where you are importing images. Can you enable View->Show Hidden Files in Bridge and share screenshots of folder hierarchy of the external drive. Also do you see such folders appearing in preview panel of photodownloader? If yes can you try to uncheck these folders and see if the assets inside them are getting imported correctly (just once)?

Thanks

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download my photos directly from my camera memory chip. This is what my directory looks like in Bridge.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.05.14 AM.png

Bridge creates these extra files/folders (blue file background ones) that contain additional copies of each photo. I suppose I could uncheck them but never had to do this before.

 

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 10.12.54 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh. This started when we were all upgraded to Bridge 2022.

Hope Adobe can fix this pain in the...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue with CR3 files - it duplicates every one. I does not do it with my Sony RAW files however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered that I'm not the only one with this problem.

I store my files on a NAS device, when opening folders the images are duplicated randomly, i.e. not every one. Also, the total number of images changes with every refresh or click into the workspace.

I thought it was only happening with RAW files but also noticed Jpegs are the same. This doesn't seem to happen when the files are transfered to the desktop from the NAS.

My system is....

iMac with latest (monterey) OS. Bridge re-installed and up to date. 32GB RAM plus SSD.

This also happens on my Macbook Pro running Big Sur with the same results if not copied to the desktop.

This is really bugging me now, hope it can be sorted!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

If normally a folder would have 10MB in photos, now it has 30MB with all this duplicate files and folders.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.09.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, going nuts. Hope this gets resolved soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Adobe but don't seem to be listening. They don't even acknowledge
the problem. Maddening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo el mismo problema y somos ya varios los que hemos reportado problemas similares desde la aparacición de Bridge 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Bridge photo downloader has been importing Nikon, DCIM, D500 and 101ND500 files. I can uncheck them to prevent importing to Bridge however if I forget I end up with multiple copies of each image and HUGE folder. 

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean2018_0-1647616041769.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, transfer takes forever and doublechecking/removing extra files and folders is a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues, perhaps I am doing something wrong. If someone can help that would be great!

I uploaded my files yesterday (May 10) and have convert to DNG checked on the Adobe Photo Downloader.  (I am using  Mac Monterey 12.3.1 and Bridge 2022)  It sometimes takes approx 3 minutes before Adobe Photo Downloader begins to start downloading although I can see it's on. I'm never sure if it's actually going to begin. I ended up with 2 sets of folders, one that was dated from the day before?

In the one called 20220509, there are four subfolders: 

101ND850  which contains xmp files and NEF files

D850       which is empty

DCIM  which contains another folder entitled again 101ND850 that has just NEF files

NIKON /folder D850/ empty

The other folder called 20220510 has the DNG files.

I do not need so many files. One set of NEF and one set of DNG  with the correct date is what I need. Can someone please advise me what I need to turn off to make this happen? This is creating far too many files than I need. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linn,

Since you're on a Mac, you do have one option: go into Advanced mode in Photo Downloader. For some reason, this will let you download only one version of each file. (Plus, you can turn off the downloading of the non-image files). 

Unfortunately this does not work on PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines