• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CS6 Fails To Recognize Camera Raw Files

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Apple released Catalina, I upgraded. That's when ALL my trouble started. PS/Bridge CS6 woud not operate - AT ALL! After a call to Apple Care Technical Support, the solution was to revert back to Mojave. Because the downgrade process failed, my only choice was to re-install Mojave from scratch. So I also had to reinstall PS CS6.

I had been using Dr. Brown's Image Processor Pro prior to the "crash". After downloading Image Processor Pro, neither the downloaded version nor the Bridge version Image Processor would work. Error message: could not find image processor.jsx. This lead me to believe it was time to re-install PS CS6. After Adobe sent me a link to the PS CS6 download because my order was No Longer listed in my History, I began downloading PS CS6. Now Bridge will only recognize earlier .CR2 camera raw files. I'm not sure where the time cut off is but recent raw file only dispay a Bridge icon to represent the file. In addition, the file will not open from Bridge to PS. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 11.28.49 AM.png

I called Adobe tech support on 3 occassioins a total of 12 hours total spent on the phone troubleshooting. The result, they suggested searching the "community forums". So the experts have no clue.

First - If you're running PS CS6 on Mojave, don't bother upgrading to Catalina. It's all over then. Make sure you check forums for viable experiences.

Second - Has anyone experienced this and discovered a fix? Don't suggest I use Adobe DNG Converter. I've already downloaded it and it's a pain-work-around.

Thirdly - If you don't have a viable solution, don't post your comment just to have your comment listed. I don't have time for you to sound like the pro you're not!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

UPDATE:

After posting my dilemma on the LinkedIn PS group, I got a lead. After almost giving up, I made one last push to find a link to Adobe Camera Raw V8.2. After doing a clean install of PS CS6, I loaded ACR 8.2. Viola it's running great. All my .CR2 files are visible and will open in Bridge. I'm back in business. So in summary here's the lessons learned:

1. If you wish to continue running a paid for license of Adobe Creative Suite application on a MAC, do not upgrade beyond Mojave.
  2. Make sure you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Bridge forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry CS 6 is no longer supported.

There is no solution available to you.

Stop wasting your time trying to continue working with CS 6 as part of your workflow unless you are willing to live with its limitaions now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely by reinstalling cs6 you lost the updates to cs6 like camera raw 9.1.1

In photoshop cs6 go to Help>Updates and see if camera raw 9.1.1 will install along with any other listed updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but 9.1.1 is not compatible with CS6 according to Adobe. See: Camera Raw-compatible Adobe applications Note 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.1.1 is the last version of Camera Raw that was compatible with CS6.

In your link, click the link in Note 6

Update To Camera Support Policy In Cs6
"Adobe Camera Raw (v 9.1.1) will be the final version available for use with CS6"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if you're a MAC user like many of us, v 9.1.1 is useless. See note 5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac and Windows user running modern operating systems such as Catalina and Windows 10.

Note 5 refers to the old OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard circa 2009. Mac operating systems after that can run Camera Raw 9.1.1 with CS6. I ran it with CS6 myself until the Adobe Cloud versions came along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "Note 5" is about Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, a far older operating system (circa 2009) and doesn't apply to newer mac os's like Mojave which can use camera raw 9.1.1 in both Photoshop cs6 and Bridge cs6. That chart is wrong about the newest compatible version of acr for Bridge cs6.

If in photoshop cs6 you go to Help>Updates, does that install any updates for cs6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading 9.1.1 I found it doesn't work with Mojave. I think Mojave is too close to Catalina. Catalina won't load CS6 PS or Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:

After posting my dilemma on the LinkedIn PS group, I got a lead. After almost giving up, I made one last push to find a link to Adobe Camera Raw V8.2. After doing a clean install of PS CS6, I loaded ACR 8.2. Viola it's running great. All my .CR2 files are visible and will open in Bridge. I'm back in business. So in summary here's the lessons learned:

1. If you wish to continue running a paid for license of Adobe Creative Suite application on a MAC, do not upgrade beyond Mojave.
  2. Make sure you have copies of PS CS6 applications and plugins backed up and available for reloading.
  3. I have purchased a copy of Affinity Photo and will continue to use it occasionally to build my skills. Looking for a digital asset management system compatible with Affinity is a priority.

Thanks to all of you for your input and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines