• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge doesn't show "Open in Camera Raw" for some ARW files with July upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge and Camera Raw updated last week on my system. Now I have to open Bridge two or three times before it will show thumbnails of my Sony raw ARW files. Even more annoying is that when I right click on some ARW files the option to "Open in camera raw does not appear". There seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. Even with images taken within seconds of each other, one will show the option and the next will not. Not only that, but files that did show "Open in Camera Raw" in one session will not show the option in another session. The ARW files are generated by a Sony RX10 iii and I have been using Bridge to edit them for over a year. This behavior has only begun this week after the latest update. This is extremely annoying and is completely disrupting my workflow. The files will open into Photoshop via Camera Raw.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version of Bridge and Camera Raw?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Hi George,

Please install the latest Bridge ans follow these steps.

1. Install latest Bridge and then quit Bridge.

2.  Now open Photoshop

3. Quit Photoshop and open Bridge.

Now in Bridge you will be able to see enabled Camera raw option.

Let us know does it resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some further information. I found that I could reinstall Bridge 2017 which I did. Using that version of Bridge I have no problem with the disappearing option to "Open in Camera Raw" or getting raw thumbnails to show up. That pretty much tells me that it is the new version of Bridge that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Please install the latest Bridge ans follow these steps.

1. Install latest Bridge and then quit Bridge.

2.  Now open Photoshop

3. Quit Photoshop and open Bridge.

Now in Bridge you will be able to see enabled Camera raw option.

Let us know does it resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently posted on this same problem -- in my case consecutive JPG files, one of which shows "Open in RAW" option on rt. click, and the next does not. In this particular folder there 127 files, but only 10 which did not offer the "Open in Camera Raw" option, and in sequence they were in the middle of the folder.

As suggested in my case, I tried re-setting my RAW preferences but problem persisted. I've just now tried the solution offered above by Avinash, but no change. My Adobe RAW version is 11.1.1.185.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines