• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Flickering

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thread was closed regarding bridge flickering  (First seen Approx 1 year ago) whilst previewing images appartently lastest update sorted issue 

NOT SO its as bad as ever a epileptic seizure warning needs to be issued 

Its OK for the first 10 or so imaging then goes into complete melt down and makes viewing image impossible I know alot of customers have left and have Photo Mechanic 

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 121 Replies 121
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Bridge version 12.0.1.246

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the latest version (12.0.1.246),  full screen image previewHi flickers on mac Monterey 12.2.1.

Anyone have any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MildT

its a 2 year +issue which Adobe aren't in the least bit bothered about maybe try looking back on some replies here but ive found none work

GOODLUCK!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Solution but I have the same problem - been so for more than a year - it brings the experience down to amateur. This software is cleraly not supported by its founder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In here the same. The screen is stable and showing Bridge itself very well. After pressing het space bar and thus goning to full screen mode, the flickering appears after a while (didn't exactly measure, it's like 5-10 minutes to me). As oon as a finish full screen mode, the flickering disappears.

The problem is visible in all resolution modes and looks the same as the video IMG_7300.MOV as posted by mandys80298296 on sep 22, 2021 in this topic.

I'm using:

• MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), 2,3 Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 Gb.
  • MacOS Monterey 12.3.1
  • Adobe Bridge Desktop 12.0.1
  • The RAW files are from a Nikon D750 Ver 1.13 Format 4016x6016 16 bits depth RGB Uncoded

The problem is visible in all resolution modes and looks the same as the video IMG_7300.MOV as posted by mandys80298296 on sep 22, 2021 in this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully some will reply with a fix, best bet to contact Adobe direct. I've not had much luck there either!!!! They dont look at these sites as far as I'm aware if they do then they don't sort issues out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the best thing to do regarding Bridge Flicker is to go back and download a older verison of it. Maybe two years back or so. Those have no problems with flicker. Then just open images in RAW Converter to adjust and work on them. I guess that's what I'll do too:)

Cheers!

Marcel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comfiming - the problem still happens with me. All the time. Hopefully it will one day be resolved ... meanwhile working with PS software for 20 years of more ... it has more bugs than ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, I thought I fixed the problem but it is back again and flickering
like crazy. I believe Adobe wants Bridge dead and everyone to use
Lightroom. I really not a fan of LR and never was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting here again having the same issue with Bridge. When in Essentials mode and spacebar to see full screen and rate my images, screen flickers making it impossible to work. When i spacebar again to exit full screen and press again to enter flickering stops for few seconds and then starts again. When in full screen and zoom in 100% there is no flickering. The problem is the same when i keep my photos in internal or external hard drive. I tried everything I read from previous posts with no luck.

I have a new 2022 Macbook pro 14 inch with chip M1pro 32gb of Ram and 1T hard disk drive.

Mac OS Monterey 12.3.1

Bridge is 12.0.2.252

Everything is updated in latest versions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, today I installed adobe Bridge on macbook M1 pro first time. And experienced same proble. Whenever press a space bar and change some picture then screen flickering occurs in 10 secs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find that switching between view modes sometimes help but not every
time (I use FilmStrip). I will choose another layout and about 5% of the
time it stops. I am using the same laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible solution!

I was also experiencing this problem until today, when I saw the advice to delete Adobe .plist files and restart Bridge (https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/flickering-in-bridge-10-0-3/td-p/10996857). That link says to delete all Adobe plist files, but I got away with just deleting the 2 Adobe Bridge ones I had. I found them in /Users/<myusername>/Library/Preferences/. I had one for each of the last 2 versions of Bridge: 

com.adobe.bridge11.plist and 

com.adobe.bridge12.plist. Remove those or change their name (e.g. I changed mine to 

com.adobe.bridge12.plist.backup in case I wanted to restore it if this didn't work). Note: it will reset all of your Bridge preferences, but they're easy enough to reset if it solves your flickering problem too! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this phenomenon, so I have no way to test this. For ANYONE who has witnessed, and is plagued by this, if you could test this approach and report back to this forum, it would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gary_sc,

See my latest comment .. I would like to understand if Adobe have accepted this as a problem and are adressing it ?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Imperialeagle 

Here are a couple of things for you to be aware of:

1) I do not work for Adobe. The vast, vast majority of folks on these forums also do not work for Adobe. My title "Community Export" is because I've helped a bunch of folks, but again I do not work for Adobe.

2) Some Adobe employees do show up and either gather information or try to help. Their badge says "Adobe Employee" or something similar.

3) I do know that Adobe knows about this issue. But I have no way of knowing where this issue stands in their list of "to-dos." If your house is on fire, do you (a) save your baby, (b) save your dog/cat, (c) save your computer? All are important, but in life and software, some things are more important than others and need to be done in order. Also, keep in mind that some software repairs can be easy to fix while others require a full rewrite of sections of the code. So, while some (seemingly) less important things may be fixed quickly, that in part may be due to the ease of the fix than the importance of the function.

I wish I could say anything more with specific knowledge, but I know no more than you do beyond what I've written.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It would have been nice for Adobe to acknowledge that they know and are working on the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge 2023 - 13.0.0.562

No good for me.  Deleted both com.adobe.bridge12.plist and com.adobe.bridge13.plist

Hit space bar in bridge and I thought it was fixed, I scrolled through 6 JPEGS and then it started flickering on the 7th JPEG image and all others afterwards.

Has anybody actually asked Adobe directly ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mandy - yes I have had the same problem. A very helpful gary_sc suggested as follows.

crossfire1000_0-1658301579292.png

Adobe Support Community

Hi crossfire1000,

dlungs just posted in a community you follow.

Sep 16, 2021 08:57 AM in Bridge Discussions

Re: Bridge Flickering

Possible solution!

I was also experiencing this problem until today, when I saw the advice to delete Adobe .plist files and restart Bridge (https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/flickering-in-bridge-10-0-3/td-p/10996857). That link says to delete all Adobe plist files, but I got away with just deleting the 2 Adobe Bridge ones I had. I found them in /Users/<myusername>/Library/Preferences/. I had one for each of the last 2 versions of Bridge: 

com.adobe.bridge11.plist and 

com.adobe.bridge12.plist. Remove those or change their name (e.g. I changed mine to 

com.adobe.bridge12.plist.backup in case I wanted to restore it if this didn't work). Note: it will reset all of your Bridge preferences, but they're easy enough to reset if it solves your flickering problem too! 

I tried this - and it seems to have worked.

padding: 7px;" href="mailto:adobe.prod|23eb0d6c|6b7e6797-c73e-4d45-b97d-ef792d0b1d52@replybyemail.usw2.prod.hosted.lithcl...">Reply to this message

Note: Replies posted via email are plain-text only. Login to the community to reply with text and images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having this issue for 2 years, with multiple Macbook pros and every version of Bridge since I started using it. I've tried deleting the plist files and am still having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still like a disco for me  PHOTO MACHANIC has been mentioned as an alternative programme for viewing culling etc  im thinking about it seriously

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still have the same issue, been noticing it for month and more. Always using latest MAC OS, lots of harddrive and RAM, new mac mini and 2017 macbook pro. Hum.....????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem on View>Slideshow I select all my RAW images from my Hasselblad and play it runs until about 10 have gone through then stalls and the image just keeps flickering.

iMac 27 inch 

MacOs Moneterey

mem 128Gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I'm seeing too.  Slideshow runs for a random number of images.  Tried raw, full JPEG and reduced sized JPEG.  Does not matter.  Slideshow is broken!  I use it all the time when reviewing. images for clients. ridge 2023 image preview and all viewing options are broke!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines