• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering in Bridge 10.0.3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last two days I have been experiencing image previews (CR2, JPG, TIF) that are flickering during my editing process. The images are trying to load but they flicker on and off and occaisionally will look "glitchy" or corrupt, but soon load after a few minutes of visul aerobatics. 

This is an important folder of files that I have been working on for two days and can't lose.

I'm on a iMac system running Mac OS 10.14.6 and my version of Bridge is 10.0.3

Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Image processor , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your monitor preview settings first.

Then clear the cache in that folder. See if software or hardware generated prviews is selected.

I use hardware generated previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply... I have cleared the cache and re-checked the previews settings so I thought it was resolved but then had a batch of RAW files start to flicker sporadically today. Once I manually clicked on each image, the others started to pop in, so now I'm not sure what the issue is entirely. I will give it a couple of days to see if it continues. 

I appreciate your assistance. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you still have this issue, but what I did to fix it was

- Go to preferences -> Thumbnails -> Uncheck "Prefer Thumbnail Generation Over Preview Generation"

I hope this help with this annoying issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that did not work with the latest updates for Bridge and Photoshop. Will keep looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for years. If there is ever a fix, I'd like to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using MacOS Big Sur

AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previews / thumbnails are flickering for me as well. They have been for months. Mostly I ignore it but...today it has gotten hard to work.

Bridge : 12.01.246

iMac OS: 11.6.5

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ckrizik

As noted above: 

1.  Go to preferences -> Thumbnails -> Uncheck "Prefer Thumbnail Generation Over Preview Generation"

2. Go to Library then Preferences and delete all Adobe plist items and restart.  (Open the attached screen shot if you have trouble finding the right folders.)

MacBook Pro 12.0

Adobe Bridge: version 12.0.1.246

I hope this helps with this frustrating event.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This solved the problem. Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is library located? I tried to add it to the sidebar and I tried to search it but I found nothing. any help would greatly be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I actaully found the library folder and deleted the .plist files and then restarted twice but the preview view is still flickering every time I advance forward through the images. any other possibilities on what it could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nathaniel, unfortunately I posted about this months ago and have no memory of what I did so I can't help you. Hopefully someone else can chime in. Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines