Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Hangs opening Camera Raw - Windows 10

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a sudden problem today. When in Bridge, if I right-click on an image and choose "Open in Camera Raw", Bridge will hang and become unresponsive. I can still close the program via the "X" in the upper-right corner, and I'm given the option to Restart, Close or Wait, so not totally crashed. It doesn't matter if there is an .XMP file with previous edits or a fresh image. Raw, Jpeg, PNG all have the same result.
I updated to the latest version with the same result. Currently at:

• Bridge 11.0.2
  • Camera Raw 13.2

In order to get things done, I tried resorting to Lightroom Classic. It, too, is having issues. A pre-existing catalog seems OK, but if I try to Import new images into the catalog, or to a new, blank catalog, it also hangs.

As a test, I opened a document in Photoshop and selected the Camera Raw Filter. This successfully opened the bitmap from Photoshop into Camera Raw.

Any suggestions?

System is

• i7-8700
  • 64 GB Ram
  • Radeon RX 570
  • and a 500 GB hard drive dedicated as an Adobe scratch drive
TOPICS
Camera RAW , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this, have you tried resetting the preferences of Bridge and see if it helps?
https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html#:~:text=Start%20Adob....

Also, would you mind telling us which version of Adobe Bridge and the operating system you're working with?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and sorry for the lack of reply on my part. Maybe this is obvious, but maybe it will also help someone else.

After struggling with this, I realized I had my tablet connected to my computer via USB. I had connected it for some other reason, then left it connected. When I disconnected it later, it occured to me that perhaps Bridge was trying to index whatever images happened to be on the tablet and taking a long time to do so. Once disconnected, my problems went away.
Until yesterday... Pretty much the same thing was happening --- endless spinning, non-responsive Bridge using 25-35% CPU. Then I realized I had my cell phone connected! "Ah Ha!", I thought. I disconnected the phone, but must have done so at a bad time, as the issue continued. I found and tried many of the things in the troubleshooting link above which did nothing but clear all of my preferences and settings. I even tried letting it spin for an hour while I had lunch.

It was curious as I could use the Camera Raw filter from Photoshop, and if I simply double-clicked in Bridge, Photoshop would launch and the image would come up in Camera Raw. But the -right-click open-in-ACR was still hanging.

I ended up uninstalling Photoshop and Bridge, then re-installing and now seems to be working. I may be totally off on the cause of this (external device -- phone, tablet -- connected), but it seems to be the common thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines