Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge: Image Processor missing

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to find out why Adobe Bridge no longer has image processor under 'tools' It was there one day and the next was gone?

Vivienne

Discussion moved by moderator from Adobe Creative Cloud to Bridge General Discussion

Title renamed for clarity

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Hi,

You need to install the compatible version of Photoshop CC on the same machine to make this menu option appear.

For example, if you have Bridge CC 2018, you will need to install Photoshop CC 2018. And if you have Bridge CC 2017, then you need to install Photoshop CC 2017.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I have uninstalled then reinstalled and updated Bridge and it is still not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Photoshop command which is offered within Bridge this way:

processor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At home in my Mac I have it just like you. But in class with a Windows The Photoshop option in your picture its not there. Any idea how you can make it apear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That PhotoShop script is not there after our last update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All our updates are 2018

No Bridge>Tools>Photoshop

No Bridge>Tools>Image Processor

No Bridge>Output>Web Galleries

You are really making my life dificult!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need to install the compatible version of Photoshop CC on the same machine to make this menu option appear.

For example, if you have Bridge CC 2018, you will need to install Photoshop CC 2018. And if you have Bridge CC 2017, then you need to install Photoshop CC 2017.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it. Thanks a lot Deepak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both versions of CC 2018 & it is still missing

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to stop giving this as the answer, as it does not address this problem for users who do have the compatible version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and just updated my bridge to CC18 and it's all working fine. The photoshop tab is back.

Both PS and Br are CC18. So double check you're both on the same versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with Bridge 2020; both PS and Bridge are the same versions. Need more helpful advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop says that Bridge (10.1.0.163) and Photoshop (21.2.0 20200604.r.225 2020/06/04: 02a81f3015 x64) are up to date, but "Photoshop" is missing from the Bridge Tools drop-down.  ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This turned out to be a Script issue.  I enabled the first 3 startup scripts, and the Image Processor reappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  This actually worked for me.  In my opinion, this is one of several minor bugs in CC 2021 & Bridge 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How does one do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I just wanted to leave this here for those frustrated by this - I had updated both Photoshop and Bridge, reinstalled both, restarted both apps and my computer multiple times, made sure startup scripts were enabled (and all disabled, and all re-enabled), and still nothing worked.

Adobe took over my screen, uninstalled Creative Cloud, clicked repair, and then reinstalled bridge and photoshop, and it now works.

Also, if you're using Catalina or newer, you'll need to allow photoshop full disk access in preferences.

Should work. Seems there was something up with CC itself. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion does not work for me.  I have both Bridge 2021 & PS 2021, both current.  No Tools > PS > Image Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.  My mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure this out?  I am missing it as well.  Everything is up to date.  I have reinstalled and uninstalled and it's still not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember older versions of Bridge had removed this option and there was a way to manually reinstall it. I wish I could find that now. I updated the apps together but I think the issue is that Photoshop is Apple Silicon native now and Bridge, as far as I know, is not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

It was never removed but depending on how you installed Bridge and Photoshop, it can prevent it from being installed or not.

So, #1) be sure you're installing the same releases at the same time,

and

#2) Be sure you installed Bridge first and PS last. (PS installs the scripts into Bridge, if Bridge (or the wrong version of Bridge) is not there, it will not install.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This problem frequently crops up for me, and I just found this solution:

Preferences -> Startup Scripts

The startup scripts were inexplicably unchecked for Photoshop. Enabling All and then restarting Bridge has fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.  This fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines