• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge incorrectly sorting files by date created and putting wrong date created in XMP data

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Bridge to sort/tweak/rename timelapse images for many years and over the past year or so I've increasingly run into issues with metadata and file renaming.

One example is in file renaming: if I select, say, 1000 images and rename them with a sequence number, Bridge almost always fails to rename a few.  It skips the number that should be assigned to them, so it knows they're there, but those few files don't get renamed.  You can tell when this happens because after you select and rename 1000 files you are left with, say, 996 selected.  The four unselected images did not have their filenames changed.  So I select them all again, rename them all again, and usually after repeating this process two or three times all the files are correctly renamed.

Another issue I have is that Bridge incorrectly identifies the date created for a few files and writes that into the XMP data.  These are timelapse sequences so it's easy to tell when that happens.  The problem seems to happen a lot more for "Date Created" than for "Date Modified".

The upshot of all of this is that I now spend a *lot* of time scrolling through tens of thousands of images making sure Bridge did its job correctly before I pull the image sequence into Premiere or After Effects to create the video.  I'm using the same workflow I've used for more than a decade with many difference cameras, so the problem clearly lies with the newer versions of Bridge.

Has anyone found a solution to these problems?

Thanks,

rgames

TOPICS
Batch , Bug , Camera RAW , Import and export , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll take that as a "no".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the frustration of files not sorting correctly.  I feel your frustration.  When I am copying files from one folder to another through bridge it is changing the original 'date created' on some of the images (quite randomly) which is then throwing out the original order.  I shoot with 2 cameras so it's tricky to try to resolve this other than manually moving the files and renaming which is totally unacceptable in terms of workflow.  I'd be keen to hear from Adobe on this one for a solution.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly this issue.  Massive issue for an event photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version
  • System configuration
  • Share files for which you are observing incorrect 'Date Created' field of metadata. 

Please share the sample file/files on sharewithbr@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue with Bridge too.  Folder of 1000 or so images, from 4 cameras. I cannot now sort by creation time.This is a big problem!!   Have reset Prefs, purged cache etc.  Wrong times are getting "burned in" to the metadata.  This is serious!  We could do with the option to sort by "Date Time Original" that would at least get files back in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make this an urgent request as it is doing my workflow no good at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge no longer sorts by date created after modifying a file name. Once that occurs, everything sorts by date modified no matter what. PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the some issue last photo taken in the number 1 photo on import when i do a website upload its in reverse order and need to sort by hand is a lot of work.

And brigde keeps forgetting the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with my video files regardless if they are from video camera or phone

Even though the correct Date created is shown in Windows file explorer [& Q-DIR explorer] Bridge is reading the Date Created as 12 hours earlier. The Date Modified time is still accurate

How can I resolve this as it's clearly a "Bridge" issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm batch renaming 35,000 RAW files right now, and this problem has been around since Bridge 2019, for me at least.  I kinow that the Dialog Box that shows the progess of the Batch Rename process will freeze before it finishes and I'll just have to monitor the Windows Task Manager to see when the process finishes, and then Terminate the process to get rid of the Dialog Box so I can relaunch Bridge and see the resulkts.  Who tests this program before Adobe releases it?  Anybody at all?

BTW, I'll know the rename has finished when Bridge's CPU usage skyrockets to 100% again because it writing a new cache for the renamed files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue with Bridge v13 (and 12)  refreshing the whole cache usually solves it temporarily.  For a program literally tasked with managing files, it is a shame it remains so flawed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue in 2024, in

Bridge 14.03.200, I understand the most recent version.

I'm on a new Windows 11 PC.

My subfolders started wandering out of chronology for the "sort by date created"  function.

I had to "unlock" files moved from another computer if that makes a difference.
How do I fix? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines