• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge intermittently becomes inactive while using

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened for the last few years, at the very least and with the new release available you would think they would have fixed this but NO, they havent.. 

When using Bridge i intermittently cant click on a file or folder, i have to go to another active app or the desktop then go back to bridge to continue my work. .. am i the only one this happens to???

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar problem.
Bridge likes to freeze in between, so I think it has crashed. This often happens when I switch between view modes, i.e. from filmstrip to output or similar.
However, it doesn't help me to briefly click on another programme. Bridge simply takes its time. Starting Bridge also takes a long time.

It doesn't get better with an update. Perhaps someone knows a solution?
Is there anything I can change in the preferences to get a grip on the problem? Or do I have to change something in the system settings? (Operating system is Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All im doing when it happens is clicking on files and trying to open them.

Im using Mac Pro (2019) OS 11.6.2 ... its been happening for many versions of Bridge .. unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I had a very helpful phone call with Adobe Support yesterday.
He suggested several things, in the end I think it helped to reset the preferences and clear the cache.
For the PC, this is how it works:
Start program and press directly from: Ctrl + alt + Shift
With the Mac it is perhaps similar?
Then an input field appears, in which one can select both.
Bridge works great for me now.

But it can also be a network problem. Bridge often has problems with this.
Or other programs, such as virus scanners interfere with Bridge.
With virus protection programs, you can exclude programs, then they run more stable. This is probably generally useful.
Many greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thanks, i will try that but i have reset my preference before and installed new versions but we'll see.

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didnt work .. maybe i'll call Adobe support but they'll probably tell me the same thing ... I thought maybe someone on here or Adobe would see this and have a fix but no such luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its actually happening more now 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry to hear that.
Try calling support, the person I talked to was reale nice and very helpful.
They also have some troubleshooting tips summarized in a PDF, unfortunately my copy is German and won't help you.
Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines