• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge is not showing thumbnails. Where can I rectify this?

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning when I opened Bridge no thumbnails were visible (in Filmstrip mode), except for those image in a folder which had been open when I closed the computer down last night. I have unistalled and reinstalled Bridge but no thumbnails have appeared. Please help.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Click View > Refresh and see if that solves the problem.

If that does not help, reset Bridge Preferences (reinstalling Bridge does not automatically wipe and reset Prefs.)

To reset Preferences:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you checked this option in the View menu

Bridge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Bridge General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did that check all of the correct boxes were ticked and everything was also the right permissions etc in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click View > Refresh and see if that solves the problem.

If that does not help, reset Bridge Preferences (reinstalling Bridge does not automatically wipe and reset Prefs.)

To reset Preferences:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this but before I do I have uninstalled and reinstalled again using Adobe CC cleaner in between. This has had no effect. But when I reinstalled I got this message

Message when downloading Bridge.jpg

I cancelled this message and Bridge continued to reinstall. The message suggests that Bridge is not installing from the correct place but Bridge is where it should be in C:/ Program Files/Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was brilliant - Thank you - refreshing the 'view' has enabled the thumbnails to be visible and hopefully I am now back up and running. Many, very grateful thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Jan 2021. Why you are charging me subscription fees exactly?

I've reset the settings a couple of times in the past month and has gone through the pain of getting it all back. I can not afford to do that all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I followd the intrcutions noted above. I restarted the program and pressed command, option, shift. I then clicked on the three choices. I even clicked on view and hit refresh. 

I just want to see my photos please. I paid for this program.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my next question. By following the guidelines about resetting Preferences, did I just delete all my photos?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Default,

Not possible. The only way to delete your images is to select all and then click on the Delete button. Tossing the preferences CANNOT do anything to your images. I cannot tell you where your images are but they have not been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably no applicable in this case but I had 2 thumbnails just showing the PSD icon. Of all the files in the folder these 2 were just over 1 Gb so I figure that's one answer. File too big!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 2022. Bridge ver 12.0.1.246. macOS. Same issue.

It has been "better" with more recent versions, ie most of the time video thumbnails are generated just fine. However, occasionally it just refuses to do so. Resetting the preferences is a poor option as it takes quite a bit of time to set up Bridge to look and feel as before.

Does Adobe read these forums?

One would think that 4 years is more than enough time for developers to fix a bug in a supported product that customers are charged for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

August 2022 and same. I have not used it all summer but it won't load any thunbnails...sigh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 2022 and still an issue with PNG files. Adobe never fixes anything, but keeps pumping out features so they look good on their YouTube and social media pages. Absoluetly pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nitro,

I've been viewing all file formats that can be shown in Bridge since version 1. At this point, still no issue. There are many solutions and potential issues in this thread that point out potential problems and solutions.

One that shows up above is where the files are located. Are they on a NAS system? On a network? Bridge was NEVER designed to work that way, and it's not likely to change soon (or at any time, for that matter). I run on a Mac, so I can't help you with specific permission issues but accessing external drives has gotten more completed than it was from ten years ago.

Meanwhile, the best way for you to get help is to be very specific with what you are working with. What version of Windows are you using? What version of Bridge are you using? What kind of files are you having issues with? Where are those files located? Etc. etc. 

Yes, it's a PIA to have to list all that info, but the joke amongst those of us who do try to help is the person who says, "Hi, my Adobe is broke, how do I fix it?" (And yes, we do see that kind of thing.)

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I really appreciate the response. I am working on Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 and the latest version of Bridge.

One of the main triggers seems to be anything shared or saved from Microsoft Teams. I've told my 3 person team to stop sharing content this way, but when everyone in the company utilizes Teams as their main communication channel, it is impossible to avoid. These Teams files don't display any thumbnails or previews in Bridge, for whatever reason.

It's very frustrating, and it doesn't seem to matter if they're saved on my local drive or the shared network / external server. I find myself using Windows Explorer more and more. After using Bridge for 15+, it's a significant downgrade, but it's the only way to browse folders without opening hunderds of file individually.

What you're saying about networks would explain the rest of my problems. Perhaps Adobe needs to look into making Bridge more network friendly. With all the people working from home these days, it would only make sense. I'd pay a premium for an Adobe Bridge that would have this functionality. But I won't hold my breath. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhh, dang how I hate Teams. I cannot find any reason to use this over tin cans and string. I do some side stuff with a group, some of which use BlueJeans (not bad), and others use Teams. The person who runs the meetings makes the choice, and there's no deterring them.

If you were on a Mac, I could recommend you upgrade to a just-released public Beta that is M1 compatible, which people are raving about, but that will not help you. Let me provide the link anyway if there's a Windows version update as well. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/the-adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available/m-p/1312871...

You will have to parse through this to see what's there (sorry).

(There are times when I really think that Microsoft hates people.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

You may try updating to the latest version of Bridge 11.1 through the Creative Cloud app and see if it helps.

You may also reset the preferences of Bridge: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that is becoming more common as file sizes increase is this refusal of Bridge to generate thumbnails. In preferences, (edit->preferences) under thumbnails, is a listing: Do not process files larger than. Here you can enter a size in MB. I used 50000MB. If you create PSB files, this WILL be an issue for you. When Bridge updates, it defaults to a low number and then none of your newer PSB files will show a thumbnail. Sometimes, already created thumbnails will show. Once you have updated the preference, go to view->refresh and Bridge will  create thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Open Edit -> Preferences -> Thumbnails
2) Change first input filed to 80000 Mb or so

3) Restart Bridge and click View -> Refresh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of Bridge and Windows 10 I've had the same issue. Some of my .psd edited files not showing up as thumbnails - just an icon. Some do show up. Size of the file doesn't seem to matter.

I've reset the "Do not process files larger than..." to 5000B , restarted Bridge and hit Refresh with no luck.

What I did find that worked for me is right-clicking on the thumbnail that doesn't show and choosing "Purge cache for selection" . The thumbnail instantly reappears. 

I had to do that for each file that was missing a thumbnail. Luckily this behaviour/bug has only affected some recent edits so not a lot of work to do.

I hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this worked for me too; details at: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/adobe-bridge-cache.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem accessing files on OneDrive.  I was navigating using the OneDrive folder, but I fixed it by navigating through my hard drine icon instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines