Bridge is v.11.0.0.83 slower

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Bridge is massively slower than ever.

Never did that for years.

Worked like charm back in August 2020, folders of 500+ raws (30Mb/ea) with no slow issue.

- Opening a folder of only 100 raws, Bridge literrally freeze for almost 1 min, after i could barely use it.

- Freeze when openning menus (File, Edit ect...).

- Freeze when navigate between images : randomly takes 3-4 sec to change image with arrows in thumbnail view (not full view).

- Freeze when click on Filters

- Overall : random freezes

Anyone have this issue and got a solution ?

Thanks for the time

What i did :

- Resintalled Bridge

- Tried to launch Bridge, wait it to "work", close and launch it again : same slows/freeze each time.

- Cache cleared

- Start up scripts removed

Config :

- Core i7 9700K

- GeForce 2080 Ti

- 32GB RAM

- 1To SSD (dedicated to photos edit only, no programs on it) (60% full)

- Windows 10 Pro on 500Gb SSD (40% full)

- Background softs running : Brave (browser) + google sync + discord + adobe CC (no change on that)

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have this same problem.  Have had it for the previous two versions.  Strangely, my machine's specs are very similar to yours ie high end.  I have 64gb of RAM and a GTX1070 with 8GB of RAM, and two SSD drives - one for the system and the other holds the Bridge Cache as well as the PS Scratchdisk.  Generating screen-sized previews takes forever and when I have over a few hundred RAW files in a folder, Bridge will crash and I'll have to log back in to open it again only for the same process to happen again and again.  Adobe have screwed the pooch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and the latest version of 2021 does not finish a batch rename, instead leaving the dialog box on screen.  It does not move all selected files either, nor does it delete all selected files.  In short, it is not fit for purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's really since december.

Do you use Nvidia Studio Drivers ? I do, version 460.89.

I did format my pc and it worked back. 

Plus, the tip of stephenv70437356 just below, really boosted the speed of Bridge !

Give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need monitor-sized previews for my workflow.  Other than that I have tried those settings and it doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to eliminate another possibility, I changed to those settings and relaunched Bridge.  Here's my Windows Task Manager.  It will run like this for days on end if I let it, but the CPU gets over 90 degrees Celsius, and that is not good, plus you can't use the PC for anything else while it's getting hammered by Bridge.TaskManager.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these settings2020-12-13_17-59-45 Bridge rendering.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks !

It really boosted the speed of Bridge for me !

I did format my pc meanwhile and Bridge worked almost af fast as i used to, but with this option, it's faster !

You rock !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi back
Bridge 2021 is getting really slow again, cant work with it.

Even the last version 11.0.1.109.

I installed back version 10.1.1.166, no more slow issues, works fine and fast.

Tested with the same folder, cache cleared to compare.

That's the only solution I found while waiting for next updates/fixes =/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines