• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge not importing photos from camera

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Mac to Mojave & the latest Bridge update. Ever since then, when I plug my camera into the computer it recognizes the camera, but says "This device does not contain any supported media." If I hit refresh it appears like it's loading for a split second, then back to the same message. I tried on my old version of Bridge & even iPhoto & it does not recognize my camera's images. (I am trying to import jpegs, so RAW images would not be the issue)

TOPICS
Download and install , Import and export , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Well, one other option is to get a card reader. They are cheap and much better/safer than pugging in your camera. Plus they do not wear away on your camera's battery.

Also, you check for this but I'm not all that sure how a camera shows up in the finder, I've never looked. This was written as it you are looking at a folder on another drive or something.

In the Finder select the folder that your documents/images are contained in and press Command-i (i for information). A new window will pop u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsey,

Mojave is when Apple started to get VERY serious about security, it only gets more VERY VERY with Catalina.

The following includes some screenshots from Catalina but the intent and actions are pretty much the same.

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

gary_sc_0-1610923065003.png

gary_sc_1-1610923065004.png

Let me know how this works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply, Gary. I added it to the Full Disk Access, but can't seem to find Files and Folders?Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 6.31.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, the files & Folder might have been somehting that was added with Catalina.

Does it work now anyway? (Please remember that I haven't been on Mojave for some time and I forgot what the options where back then.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't, would you recommend installing Catalina & trying after that? I'm not sure what other options I have!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, one other option is to get a card reader. They are cheap and much better/safer than pugging in your camera. Plus they do not wear away on your camera's battery.

Also, you check for this but I'm not all that sure how a camera shows up in the finder, I've never looked. This was written as it you are looking at a folder on another drive or something.

In the Finder select the folder that your documents/images are contained in and press Command-i (i for information). A new window will pop up on the left side of the screen. On the bottom you will see a region called "Sharing & Permissions:"

gary_sc_0-1610930192436.png

To do anything here, you need to unlock the padlock on the bottom right. Click it and a window will pop up asking you for your authorization (your Mac password). Once that's done, click on the "Everyone" and on the right change "Read only," to "Read & Write."

Now, if there are folders inside this, go to the dropdown gear below and select "Apply to enclosed items..." and you can save yourself some time.

HOWEVER: be judicious when you do this. This should ONLY be done if there are nothing but documents inside these folders. Never EVER do this if there are applications or preferences or other application-related files. Don't ask me how I know this to be true. Otherwise, Otherwise, I do this any time it's necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My camera doesn't seem to show up in the finder. So just so I understand correctly, can I do this in my pictures folder in finder, or only a folder that would appear there when connected to a device? 

And thank you for the info, I ordered a card reader & it should be here tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind!! All I needed was simply a card reader to fix the issue! Thank you SO much for your help, Gary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woohoooo!! Glad to hear of success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, one more piece of information: the PhotoDownloader give you the option to "Delete Photos after download" (or something like that).

DO NOT DO THAT!!

1) until you know that you've successfully ingested your images and they are fine (and you've made a copy to another device (you do that don't you?)), you do not want to delete the otherwise only source of your images.

2) Never erase your cards by way of your computer. Once you are ready to erase your image from your card, bring the card back to your computer and "reformat" the card. This will erase all of the images. There have been cases where after people erased the cards via their computer, the card could not be recognized in the camera. You may meet people who have done this without issue but that's like the person who says they cross the freeway on foot and they are still doing fine. (I do not like those odds).

Good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines