• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge not opening aliases on desktop anymore.

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered a small issue with Bridge 2023. I often put folders of new work on an exteral SSD until I know which images I will be working on.  I use aliases to point to the extrernal folders. Previously Bridge would just see these and open them as if it was the destop etc. Not a present on 2023. I have however discovered that you can right click on the alias and select Reveal in Bridge. Just an anoyance and I'm sure it'll be rosolved soon.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same issue. Bridge can no longer open lnk files. The only way around this is to right click on the shortcut and select Reveal in Bridge. It would be nice to be able to just click on the shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. It was useful to navigate through folders but now it is too difficult. Also the icon image is the same in links and folders, so you can't differenciate where's the problem until you check in your PCExplorer.
Using 'Reveal in Bridge' only works if you have Bridge totally closed, if not, it won't appear.

Please fix it, the workflow is harder now and we waste our time in open/close programs and looking for the folder to open, etc. Last version used to work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem here! A fix is needed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too. Alias folders don't open from Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this message. Indeed this issue is resoved. Much obliged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, aliases work! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same problem occurs here: click on an alias doesn't work. Right click on an alias and chose "reveal in Finder" will go straight to Finder and after that to the right folder and opens it. So the alias is good. 'Normal' folders in Bridge react good.
Mac Ventura 13.5 (22G74)
Adobe Bridge 13.0.3.693
I use the aliases for shortcuts to my NAS folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines