• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Not Responding

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the last update of bridge, I've also updated to the latest release(10.1.1.166) anytime Bridge loses focus and then I come back and click on ANYTHING, spacebar an image, the sort drop down, even the Help menu, Bridge goes into "not responding" mode and I wait 45 - 60 second before it comes back.  Please fix this hot mess, it's unusable.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info please.

Type of machine? laptop or desktop.

Amount of RAM

Amount of room left on the hard drive?

Is this windowss 10 2004 or 1909

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if any of that is relevant.  The only variable that has changed in this equation is Bridge.  I've been running Photoshop/Bridge on this machine for years with no issue.  On a cean re-boot, with nothing else running Bridge goes into "Not Responding" mode constantly.

12 GB memory, 320 GB left on hard drive.  50% memory still available during latest test. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me! I am getting 'Not Responding' or very long waits for even menu clicks. To me it feels like Bridge is looking for a drive that isn't available or is missing? It's really driving me mad! It takes ages to even start the program from the desktop too.

Windows 10Pro v2004 OS Build 19041.388

16GB ram

EVO790 SSD 240GB - 90GB free

1.6TB free on scratch disk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I THINK THAT"S IT.  I have a NAS drive that usualy off.  I just turned it on and Bridge is a lot more responsive.  Even though I'm not trying to access anything on the NAS, all the files that were "not responding" were local, it seems that not having the NAS on confuses the hell out of Bridge.  Seems like a bug to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional:   I had a Favorites pointer to my NAS drive.  Removed that and turned off the NAS drive and still responsive.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that you mention NAS drives! I have a similar situation re NAS drives. I bought a 2nd drive as the first one was getting full and it was a bit slow. I have moved all the files I need across to the new drive and removed them from the old one. I too had a Favourites pointer to the old NAS, which I have removed. Both of my NAS drives are ON, but I still have the problem of very long waits and 'not responding' messages. I think there may be something in Bridge which is still looking for the folder on the old drive, even though I think I have removed all pointers to it. Please can anyone shed any light on this? I have been through the Preferences but can't see anything obvious.

Many thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe clear the cache in Bridge and clear thumbnails?

Found this link from Adobe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html#:~:text=Start%20Adobe%20Br...

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cured the problem by having to completely uninstall and delete all folders with anything to do with Bridge from my PC. I then downloaded a fresh copy of Bridge and installed that. On install it asked whether I want to use Prefs and settings from previous versions - I said NO - and it went ahead and installed. Now it works perfectly again. Only wasted about three days of my life sorting that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks but I'm glad you've got it "fixed". Feels like very piece of software I own is buggy.  Thanks for your help. I'd still be swearing at my screen without your idea of the attached drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im also still having the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea

Have been noticing it more and more.

Any type of interuption you create using Bridge causes it to stop responding 

Its like Wait I am still  thinking as to what I am going to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been OK ever since I removed any favorites or links in Bridge to my NAS drive, which is offline most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem i have is that the load order of folders are also slowing down
it self
and its process priority management is bad also.

folder loading order
1. load the directories
2. load the document list
3. Meta data for documents.
4. start pulling thumbnail data (if you move stop)
4.5. move thumbnail generation to background task *there should be a button
to stop / reset / pause thumbnail generation.

currently its trying to load all this at once and is slowing down the
system
there needs to be a resource limiter so it will never take more than 70% if
what is available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same I'm having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues with Adobe Bridge since update, does not work, can't see my files anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may wish to run adobe remover app
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html#when-to-use-cre...
note this will remove all settings for all your apps but its the best way
to get a fresh install of adobe.
with my experience a fresh instal for any version updates is the best
option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did speak with a bridge dev. and it seemed it was going to get fixed right away. NOW. I get a popup for adobe cloud. I explained to him to not advertize adobe cloud storage. I will never use it do to it not being FAD complient or fast. My NAS is 20tb with offsite backup only cost me $460 a year. Adobe is way over priced on this still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happenig to me because my NAS drive was offline and Adobe was trying to find it.  If I remember right I had it as a favorite and Bridge kept looking for it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the newest Bridge version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines