• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge problems in CS6 a hint that I should upgrade to CC?

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running Creative Suite 6 on my two iMacs at home: Yosemite on a 2011 and Mojave on a 2013 (yes, I am a senior). I have to use the Yosemite to run DreamWeaver, but InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Bridge work on both.

Recently the Export function in Bridge suddenly stopped working — on both computers. Attempting to repair, when I tried to re-install CS6 on the Yosemite, partway through the disk was ejected and a pop-up message said it was a pirated copy. Not true. It looks like I will be forced to switch to Creative Cloud, unless someone can suggest at fix....

Looking ahead, I am concerned about the whopping cost of the upgrade of course, but also that the interface and features of the CC version of my favourite apps will be so different that I will be thrown for a loop. Is there much of a difference, or will the CC versions look and function much the same?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm not fully certain that I understand all of the issues you are having. Plus, because I haven't used CS6 in so long, there's no way I can test and cross-check the issues. Also, I am on Big Sur, so I can't check from that aspect. However, from what I've been able to research, it seems that it should be OK with Yosemite but there might be issues with Illustrator. Again, this is from what I'm finding in a google search, I cannot test.

However, the jump to CC right now has other pitfals for you: for one thing, you would need to get a new computer because the currrent CC will not work in anything less than either Mojave (10.14) or Catalina (10.15). So you'd have to get a new computer (and right now that will come with Monterey (OS 12)

So besides the expense of CC, there's all that as well. 

As far as changes, I'm afraid the answer is yes AND no. In many ways, the programs are the same, but also, they are very different. For example, in Photoshop, you'd have to select the Legacy option when using Transform or it will seem backwards to you. And Dreamweaver will be very very different. Things are mostly improved quite dramatically but it will take some getting used to. 

I'd suggest you go online and look at some of the videos that Adobe has created to help people get used to the new versions of their applications and see if this is right for you. As for getting your CS6 installed on your machine, I've no idea where to begin helping you other than to call Adobe and ask for help getting it installed. 

Good luck, I really mean it, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

My main issue is the loss of Export in Bridge and my inability to retrieve it because I can't reinstall CS6.

CS6 is fully compatible with Yosemite, so I will keep running it on my older iMac and look for another way to quickly and easily resize batches of photos. 

I especially appreciate your comments about the CC versions of Photoshop and Dreamweaver. I will spend some time looking at those videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix for Exprt panel not working Bridge cs6:

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/export-panel-stopped-working.html

Which macOS are you having trouble installing cs6 on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried the Export Panel procedure in the above link. It did not work for me, perhaps because I have Bridge v. 5.0.2.4.

Because Yosemite is supposed to be the last OS X that is totally compatible with CS6, I am focusing on my Yosemite iMac. Last night, I successfully did a re-install although at the end of the process, there was a message that three of the apps were problematic. Bridge was not mentioned in the message, but Bridge's Export function was not recovered. Fortunately, I have found the Scripts tool in Photoshop which will do the image processing almost as easily.

I had a look at the CC intro videos. I'm going to stay with CS6 for now. I have decided to put up with my current problems rather than  taking on a set of new ones.

I appreciate your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines