• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge - RAW adjustments won't show when opened on other computer

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with  raw adjustments made using bridge and camera RAW on my laptop but when I open on my desk top computer the adjustments are gone! Using Bridge 2020

TOPICS
Camera RAW , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

RAW file adjustments are stored in XMP sidecar files. Make sure those go along with the original RAWs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAW file adjustments are stored in XMP sidecar files. Make sure those go along with the original RAWs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Graham,

One way around the problem that Lumigraphics pointed out is it covert the images to DNG images. The XMP (also knows as sidecar files) are contained in the DNG structure so you can't lose or forget them. FWIW, I've been converting all of my raw images to DNG for years, it's completely safe.

Here's the application that will process the images for you. If there are any sidecar files, the DNG Converter will utilize that information into the DNG as part of the process. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

BTW, the converter will not delete your images during or after conversion. Once you are comfortable about the process, than you can delete them at your discretion. I have never kept my raw images after conversion but it is a personal decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines