• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Rearranging Panels

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always set up Bridge with Folders (left side), Content (tall vertical center), Preview (upper right side), and Metadata (lower right side). 

However, something has happened so that now, after I reduce Bridge or close it, the next time I open it Folders and Metadata are gone and Content fills most of the screen.

How do I fix this?  Is there a way to get what I want and then "lock it" so it will always remain the same whenever I open Bridge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save your settings as a workspace if the settings are getting lost on relaunch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but HOW do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows->Workspace has tools to reset and save a workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried Windows > Workspace > Reset Workspace, and that didn't work. Would it be too much to ask for a more complete set of sets to follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you have arranged the workspace to the way you want it, go to Window > Workspace > New Workspace > Then enter a name for that workspace or accept the default workspace name then click on the SAVE button.

If the workspace has reverted to something else the next time you open Bridge go to Window > Workspace > then choose the workspace from the list that you created and saved earlier.

Although I don't know why your workspace is reverting to something else after you have closed and re-launched Bridge.   Until now I have never purposely saved a workspace.  It always remained the way I arranged it in my previous session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both; both failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that mean? What failed? Can you save and restore a workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that no matter what I did each time I close PS and Bridge and then re-open Bridge I find the panel arrangement I set up has been replaced by one where the Content panel occupies nearly the entire screen with no Folders panel showing, and only a small right hand column of Preview and META. Thus, whenever I open Bridge I must use two more "clicks" to get the panel arrangement I've set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that a simple setup

would simply help in Workspace

and click on reset workspace...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and that's two clicks; something I was trying to get past. I'm wondering of the Bridge program has somehow been corrupted and if I ought to re-load it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on all the problems you have been having despite all the solutions several people have given you which should have worked, I'm surprised you haven't tried to re-install it a long time ago.   I have never had to reset or save the workspace.   Any time I restart Bridge, the workspace is always the same workspace I was using in the previous session.   So... something might be corrupted.  Try re-installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall isn't going to fix it but resetting preferences might.

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for freezes and performance issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then check to make sure you have the latest build 219.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where to find the build #. I do know I have ver. 5.0.2.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Bridge is 9.0.2.

Did you follow the link for resetting preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bet he has a old version of Bridge.

That version number was prior to Bridge CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see it from time to time with Bridge 2019. Somehow, either the workspace isn't being properly saved or not properly read when launching Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I do believe I said at the outset that I use PS CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which link? I clicked on Edit > Preferences in Bridge CS6 (what I use).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The link I posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Preferences? I've gone through the list and didn't see anything applicable. Did I miss something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling has solved my software problems countless times over the years with various software products when all else seems to fail.  It's worth a try especially since he has already tried resetting or rearranging his workspace and that didn't resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines