• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge's "File Info" is showing incorrect Creation Date.

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a wedding photographer and my second photographer and I sync our camera times right when we begin the day to ensure everything is lined up when I edit the photos later. She shoots with a Nikon Z5. I have an iMac using macOS Big Sur Version 11.31. When I view the file info of my second shooter's files in the Finder on Mac, the creation date shows the correct time that the photos were taken. But in Bridge, when I click "File Info", it incorrectly shows the creation date as an hour later than the photos were actually taken.

As I can see on my iMac's Finder, it does show the correct time there. But Bridge is showing that the photos were taken an hour later, which means when I want to sort by date created, the photos don't sync up with my own camera's files. I don't understand why Bridge is showing an incorrect time but my Mac's Finder is showing the correct time. Anyone know how to fix this?

TOPICS
Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are time zones set correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've already asked me this in this thread, as well as other people, and I've answered it numerous times. Yes the time zones are correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did the shoot when DST was active and the camera was set wrong. Now the files are an hour off. THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didn't and NO, IT'S NOT, as I've explained multiple times. And not all the files are an hour off, because THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM. Reading comprehension is hard, I get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your OP, so I guess I'm lost here.

"When I view the file info of my second shooter's files in the Finder on Mac, the creation date shows the correct time that the photos were taken. But in Bridge, when I click "File Info", it incorrectly shows the creation date as an hour later than the photos were actually taken.

As I can see on my iMac's Finder, it does show the correct time there. But Bridge is showing that the photos were taken an hour later"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, that was my OP. And I stated several times in the comment thread that both cameras's times and dates were set correctly. And both cameras had Daylight Savings turned on. One camera shows the correct time in Bridge. One camera shows the photos were taken an hour later than they were. Both cameras were set to the same time, date, time zone, and both had DST turned on. It is not DST as I've already said in the comments. I wish it was the problem, since it would be easy to fix, but it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with Bridge and creation dates too- files moved from one folder to another are being given a new creation date - (wedding photos that cannot now be sorted accurately by creation time for instance.)   Something has changed recently as this used to work ok.    I think metadata changes (like rating for instance) might be causing creation date changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically "Created" does not seem to be working as it should, and because you cannot tweak "modified" time in Bridge we are a bit stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating! I'm not sure what to do. I keep getting people telling me it's Daylight Savings not being on in the camera settings even when I've confirming multiple times it's not that. Really hoping it fixes with an update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so, when you're on this forum asking professionals (who, in all likelihood, are probably a hell of a lot busier and than you are) to stop what they're doing to help you, it would be an obviously great idea to not be rude and impatient. Hollering and insulting with your ugly attitude and ALL CAPS is going to accomplish you what exactly?! Sheesh. I've been on and off here for 30 years and have never come across this kind of unprofessional, ungrateful attitude before, not ever. Good luck to you with that. Hope you check it at the door with your clients.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha I'm a full time, quite busy, professional myself but thanks for that implication. I've only been rude to one user who's answered the thread multiple times with the same solution even though I've alreadt addressed it and debunked it. They responded to me in caps first with the attitude, so I responded similarly. But thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you could upload one of your images so one of us could see what the metadata indicates?

Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah absolutely, I'm away from my hard drive but once I have it I'll upload a file here. I tried attaching screenshots to the original post to show the file info on my Mac's Finder app versus the "file info" on Bridge that shows different times but I'm not sure if they actually attached to the post or if they help. It's now doing the same thing with a different second shooter's Canon camera so it's more than one person/camera/brand now. All had Daylight Savings on and synced times to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

What are the odds you figured this out at some point in the last year and a half?  I'm having the same issue and struggling to find a solution.

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image files from a camera have multiple date/time fields. Those include modification date, creation date, and date/time original (capture time.) If the clock is off or DST doesn't match on the cameras and computers, you can get an error. Bridge does allow you to edit Capture Time and various file utilities can change created and modified dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I never figured it out and all of the responses that I recieved here didn't have the solution. Eventually it just went away after a few newer updates from Adobe. I'm sorry I can't help, I hope it goes away for you as well! So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across the same problem, and noticed that the 'incorrect' time beind displayed in Bridge is UTC time, for me. I have a 7 hour difference in my info, which is the difference between mountain time and utc. Another clue. ~John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was not the case for me. Hopefully that will help someone else though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here with Bridge shifting the creation date to UTC time. I'm PST so it should be a -8hr difference but not sure how to change this in Bridge. Seems like there should be a simple solution that Adobe could fix by adding the ability to select the appropriate time zone or adjust based on UTC. I guess on the plus side if its not fixed, if you happen to ever need to navigate or synch footage shot around the world at the same time, then its a nice feature. But for data management on the user's end, it would be nice to just have this be able to synch with the actual time zone used in the camera when the image was generated. Also shout out to jessicamannsphoto for wading throuhg this issue and also thanks to all the comments on setting DST which are less than helpful for an apparent issue that is known in the software. For now just knowing what the issue is is helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. There doesn't even seem to be a logical pattern in what files show wrong creation date. Sometimes it's off several years. And every other file browser shows the same and correct date. It's only Bridge that behaves like this. So it's obvioulsy a problem in Bridge. Whatever it is, it should be fixed as soon as possible. Creation date is critical information to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines