• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Search Broken

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 2 days ago Bridge crashed so I reopened it and since then Search function doesn't work. This is pretty much the only feature I use in Bridge so without it the program is worthless to me.

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6, Retna Early 2015

Adobe Bridge CC 2018

I have found lots of other threads but none with solutions that work.

Find Criteria: Find "search term" in "Computer" and all subfolders with Spotlight Search: Computer.

No results no matter what is searched.

I have tried the Fund "Include all subfolders, Include Non Indexed Files"

I have also tried deleting cache.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

No luck. Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Dear users,

Please go to parent folder in Bridge and select "show item from sub folders"

Allow Bridge to generate all cache and now search.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run a search in the newer versions of Adobe Bridge, it only shows files from 2014-2016. Nothing recent. So, I kept using the older versions of Bridge which worked fine. Office just updated my computer, now even the older versions are not working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Bridge and also am no longer able to search in it. -____-

Adobe - halp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does a Spotlight search in the Finder work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I followed your suggestion. When I select "Show Items in Subfolders" no files are displayed. What is your suggestion? Thanks. Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the most recent update, the search function in Bridge no longer works. I read the response below and need further assistance. How do I go to the parent folder in Bridge and where do I go to select items from subfolders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The “parent folder” is referring to the folder that contains the sub-folders and files that you wish to search in. To show items from within folders in the upper parent view, use the view menu > show items from subfolders option. You could then use the tools menu > cache > purge cache for folder...

Rather than using the quick/obvious search field in the upper right of the Bridge interface, you can also use the edit menu > find command, which has options to force the search for “unindexed” files which are not cached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to respond in the forum but there wasn't a reply option.

Hopefully, replying to the email will work. I tried what you suggested but

still can't figure it out. Without the option to search for images, I have

no need to Adobe Bridge. I wish I never upgraded to 2019. I use the search

in Bridge all day every day, so this has been a really bad update.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 6:51 PM Stephen_A_Marsh <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue wuth Bridge 2019 and 2020. the "search box" for is "checked as shown above. i use bridge 2017 (that is installed parallel) to search files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Your detailed description of which menu items to select was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue. all the recommanded definituons hve been done!

"search" doesnt work since Bridge 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search has worked for me in every edition of Bridge for years, including 2018 and 2019. Now, it will not see items in my desktop folders at all, says "no items". I stumbled upon this thread, and sure enough, can't search those folders, either. I can find individual files, but it will not see subfolders or their content. And yes, I have checked "Show items from subfolders" - although that selection will not stay checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm running into the same crap. up until maybe 3 weeks ago, 'search' worked fine.

now, no matter if its 'bridge search' or 'spotlight search,' nothing turns up.

right now, i'm staring at some of the files i'm searching for in the very folder i'm searching, and still, nothing turns up.

not a great 'upgrade.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, I've tried everything and I still cant' get the search function to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same. i used to be able to search by typing in a keyword etc, now the search field is totally  gone?? . man i loved this program but now its pretty worthless. now im going to have to resort to searching using macs finder...which isnt that great either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "gone." Can you please share a screenshot of the location on Bridge where you used to do searches?

Does it look anything like my screenshot below which also includes the search options?

2022-12-21_16-36-56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MattWilbertcom_0-1671671419661.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait a minute man, Workspace, Libraries. somehow i changed it to Workspace. Essentials. good grief. sorry for the toubles man! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, we've all done it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like all i have to do is do a lil cussing, come on to these forums and make myself look a bit silly, and the problem usually solves itself. its quite amazing really!! LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid to admit how many times I've answered a Lightroom Desktop question with a Lightroom Classic answer or vise versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem by deleting all the Bridge cache folders:

step 1: quit bridge

step 2: Trash bridge cache folders, found here:

/Users/[your username]/Library/Caches/Adobe/

These are the folders I found and deleted.. if you see other versions of Bridge 2022, beta, etc. trash them too.

:file_folder: Bridge  :file_folder: Bridge 2023

Step 3: empty trash (note:make sure you don't have anything in the trash that you may need to recover before empting it.)

step 4: restart bridge

step 5: make sure the search bar on the very top right is set to "Bridge Search".

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this, this actually worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines