• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge search multiple folders for keywords?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Elements you can add Keywords to photos from many different folders on your PC. When you search for specific keywords it displays the results irrespective of which folder they are in.

We need a photo organiser for our business and Bridge seemed to be the answer BUT. From what I can see to find images with the required Keyword you have to search folder by folder for images that have that particular keyword. If you try searching from the top folder down with a particular keyword, the result is nil.

Surely I am doing something wrong. Surely I am not the only one that wants to search for images with a specific Keyword spread across multiple folders.

Can someone point me in the right direct, please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Use Find and check the box for Non-indexed files. Bridge won't find anything unless a folder has been indexed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Find and check the box for Non-indexed files. Bridge won't find anything unless a folder has been indexed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thank you. Works great, just what I wanted.

If I may ask another question. If multiple users of Bridge access the same image database, are the Keywords selected on images by each user, common for all users. Or does each user have to allocate their own Keywords. I hope this is not a silly question.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge CC (9.0.0.204) which is now available to download using Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

You can also download it from https://www.adobe.com/products/bridge.html

Digital asset management software | Download free Adobe Bridge CC trial

Please refer to  New and enhanced features | Latest release of Bridge CC for the complete list of new and exciting features.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip, did you find out the answer to this question? Definitely not a silly question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only able to search on Filename and Keywords.  I can add keywords to the search criteria from the Keywords Panel.  However, the advanced search option only shows filename as the available criteria on the drop down - I am not able to change the Criteria or the "Contains" drop down.  

Is this correct - one of the help files implies that you are only able to search filename and keywords.  I would like to search other metadata,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been covered in numerous threads here. There is a bug for some Windows users that affects dropdown menus. Use the arrow keys to move through the menu. We have no idea when Adobe will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.. yes , I was able to use the left arrow to scroll through. It is a fairly limited set of metadata e.g. does not include the IPTC core metadata values.  Is that is what is expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is supposedly fixed in the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - I have updated and it does seem to work now !  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines