• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge takes forever to load thumbnails

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Bridge 2022. And duess what??? 

It now takes forever to load the images thumbnail whenever I would go into a folder. I'd used Task Manager to kill the app. I'd open Bridge again. It would display the thumbnail of the last folder without issues but when I go into another folder again, it would take forever to display the thumbnail images again.

Quite frustrating.

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with adobe bridge. Bridge no longer shows folder contents. The problem can be solved in the short term by deinstallation and reinstallation. As soon as I call up a certain folder, Bridge can no longer display the contents of this folder and as a result the contents of all (!!!) other servers / folders remain invisible. It´s like Groundhog Day: deinstallation / installation and everything all over again. Furthermore, the bridge can no longer be closed, except with command / alt / esc ... Operating system BigSur 11.6 Does anyone know of a similar problem and solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge waits until the current folder is indexed before showing others, if you have multiple windows open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long will it last? i gave BR the hole night to index the folder, but nothing happened, instead of telling me: no items in this folder...pretty useless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

I'm on a 2015 5K iMac and the 2022 Bridge is blazingly fast to load thumbnails that are located on my hard drive or external drive. I've used Bridge since v. 1 and this is the fastest yet. 

I'm not discounting your observations but since we are seeing such vastly different results, shall we see if we can locate what the issue or problem is?

For starters, please go to Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Manage Cache…, then follow this:

2021-11-02_09-24-42.png

Next, please rebuild your permissions:

First, quit Bridge (if open). Then, when launching Bridge, press Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, chose "Reset Preferences."

And lastly, here is the setup for previewing your thumbnails, please mimic these settings:

2021-11-02_09-30-10.png

I cannot say that doing all this WILL fix the issue(s), but it does help in ruling out possible issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if i got the impression that i meant community members by my criticism. that's not the case. I just wanted to tell you in the forum how long it took the adobe professionals not to help me ;o).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just be aware that the number of Adobe employee eyeballs that look through these threads is radically low compared to the Community folks. So expecting immediate response from them is not realistic. 

Just so you know in the future. 

So, did any of the suggestions I provided help or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gary,

I ran into this issue and after following your advice, it worked for me. Thanks for the info.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, you are a legend and a hero. Thank you for your patience and taking the time to help people out. I hope another traveller finds this post while toubleshooting cache issues. Thanks again man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the post.  Took me a while to get the Vulcan pinch to press Shift, Cntl, Alt AND the Windows key with one hand and then click to start Bridge, but wow its made a massive improvement,  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gary_sc. I just wanted to say thank you for this. It fixed my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @gary_sc!

It works fine with your solution. Thanks a lot.

I'm on iMac 2013 Mojave — Bridge 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines