• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge workflow not working

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I start a simple little "save to jpeg" workflow, it gives med "1 error files" and when I open that row I get Reason: Destination Cannot Write and Task: Preprocessing. 

No files are saved/converted. I have run workflows before. I have turned off Ransomeware Protection in Windows. No luck. I'm running Bridge 2023. I have write access to the folder, I usually choose to create a subfolder from the original location.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Batch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue with Bridge 2023 and I'm running on MacOs Ventura 13.1 with M1 Pro chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not work with cloud services. Save to a folder that is not sync'd to OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this same Destination Cannot Write error with a Bridge workflow on two different normal (not connected to cloud sync) output folders, one within my home account on my Mac’s internal storage. Bridge has both local Files and Folders access and Full Disk Access set in macOS 12.6.2 on Apple Silicon.

So something is going on here that has nothing to do with network/cloud-synced drives and is not specific to Windows or Mac.

Edit: I tried the Export panel instead of Workflow. The same file format settings to the same folder that fail in the Workflow workspace, output successfully using the Export panel. So the problem might be specific to Workflow, and a possible workaround is to do the job through Export if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you syncing your home folder to iCloud? Can you make changes to files in those folders like adding labels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don’t sync the entire home folder to iCloud (it’s way too big). And labels work fine within the home folder, I use them a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Bridge 2023? I think there are still Workflow bugs to be fixed. :sigh:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the 2022 version, and now it works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Bridge 2023? I think there are still Workflow bugs to be fixed. :sigh:

By @Lumigraphics

Yes, the problem is in Bridge 2023. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I restored to Bridge 2022 and the issue was resolved (exact same settings for the workflow).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not saying vthat it is related but I had trouble with exports in the past and it was due to the file handling preferences in Bridge (files too big)

Imaginerie_0-1672237552068.png

You can also check the cache settings in the preferences as well, just in case.

It might not be it, but worth checking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines