Camera Raw 13.1 hang and crash in iMac

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac: macOS Big Sur v11.1

Adobe Bridge 2021 v11.0.0.83

Camera Raw 13.1

When I edited a raw file in camera raw by sliding Blacks or Whites in Basics, the app hung and crashed iMac. the keybord and mouse lost connection and until iMac restarted.

Thank you for your help. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting similar problems on quite a few of the slide controls. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with 10.14.6 (Mojave). The crash is that the finder and photoshop freeze with the beachball of death. Remote pkill of Finder is no help. Had to completely reboot with a remote login to fix. Happened more than twice and consistently, so it was not a fluke. Same thing happens in Photoshop 2021 and Photoshop 2020. Reverted to Camera Raw 12.4 and no further problems. Did not try 13.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info: I was editting a Canon CR2 raw file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue whether editing Sony Raw or DNG files. There is no consistency on what tool I'm using when freeze and/or beachball-then-freeze occurs: Basic Panel, Gradient Panel, Circular Gradient Panel, and Effects Panel are all implicated. I also had several instances where the screen would not properly re-draw after an adjustment and would display large, red blocks. The application responded to a Quit command, but my screen redraw in Finder was hinky with "echoes" of window edges as they are moved and lots of flickering. All of these issues are unresolvable without a hard restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newly installed PS & CR 13.1. 

With Raw files, CR crashing everytime right after first one or two adjustments. The mac has to be restarted as it wont even force quit!

Tried working with Jpeg, seems fine (haven't tested extensively, but just 1 file)

Please advise! Also saw some comment on rolling back to 12.4 version. Can someone please advise how it is done?

Regards,

YN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Older versions are here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Then just install from the download. It will overwrite the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines