Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use:

mac OS High Sierra, v. 10.13.3 (17D47)

PS CS 6 v. 13.0.6 x64

LR 6.0, camera raw 9.0, but had downloaded and installed v. 9.1.1

Adobe Bridge CC v. 8.0.1.282

If I want to open a picture in Camera Bridge with Camera raw, this message comes:

" Camera Raw editing is only possible if a qualifying product has been previously launched at least once to enable the feature.“

Have taken the step provided for this:

„To enable Camera Raw editing in Bridge, you must have an active subscription to Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC. If you have an active subscription, start one of these apps to resolve the issue.

Follow these steps:

1. Start Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC.
  2. Close Adobe Bridge.
  3. Restart Adobe Bridge.“

But did not help; the message still appears, Camera Raw editing is not enabled.

What helps?

thank you in advance

Wolfgang

corredtion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your versions of Photoshop and Lightroom don't enable the newer Camera RAW in Bridge CC. You would need to use Bridge CS6 I believe, or upgrade to Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CC but I am experiencing the same error message and I can't open pictures in Camera Raw.  This is a new problem. that wasn't there a day or so ago!  I have tried the solution above but it doesn't work for me

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FyxIt 
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the versions of Bridge, PS and ACR for which you are having the problem?

Regards,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for your reply.  I've got:

Bridge, (2015) 6.3.0.177 x64;

PS: 22.1.1 202110104.r.138 2021/01/04: 85287902 8a7 x64 and

ACR 9.6.1 (I think!  Does this sound right?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To repeat Lumigraphic's point: you must have a matched set of software.

You cannot mix 2015, 2016, and/or 2019 versions of the software, they need to be all of the same year for them to work properly together. 

Please go to your ACC app and download the most recent versions of your software and then see how they work together. 

BTW, please install Bridge BEFORE installing Photoshop to make sure that Photoshop installs it's Tools in Bridge's menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

Thanks for your reply.  I went to ACC and it listed 4 apps.  PS - up to date; Bridge - up to date; LR Classic - up to date and Camera Raw - up to date.

Can you advise as to where to go from here, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fyxit,

Hmmm, do you have more than one copy of your applications? That is, do you have older versions that you may be inadvertently opening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  Is there a ready way to find out if there are multiple copies running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look in your Applications folder and see what's there. If they were running they'd show up in your Dock or equivalent in Explorer. 

My guess is speculated on the concept that you have downloaded your latest items but you are not using them, rather older ones. I may be wrong but it's worth a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines