• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Bridge be used over a network?

Participant ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a software solution so that I can access videos files that are on a network drive. Specifically, some sort of database software. Would Adobe Bridge be a good solution for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Hi pjbarbour_rotor,

Please refer this forum thread Using Bridge over a network with others and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pjbarbour_rotor,

Please refer this forum thread Using Bridge over a network with others and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you refer your users to a 13 year year old thread?  Has Adobe not updated capabilities for this? Please help us. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

Bridge is not a DAM, and should not be used across a network.

Bridge  saves all its info on a local drive which will not be shared across a network with other peoples version of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you just want to use it as a photo browser - since Windows requires you to keep opening folders and changing views to view photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is from five years ago.

As for using Bridge over a network, well, sort of. Networks are finicky and sometimes it works well, sometimes terribly. I use Bridge on my work network and its fine but your mileage may and likely will vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to search in Bridge? On your NAS for instance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a NAS, I have a real network with real computer and servers. And yes, search works although Spotlight (which is WAY more reliable) doesn't work with Windows servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmm, i have a real network with both mac and windows clientmachines and two windows servers and a couple NAS servers, but searching in Bridge is not posible. The only way it works is:

In Bridge go to a folder, let Bridge finish creating tumbnails then search...

Okay, that of course is a laugh, not serious software, is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge uses a search index like both Mac and Windows system searches. Use that information as you will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines