• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can Brigdge run on m1 macbook???

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Looking to purchase the new Apple Macbook Pro with their new M1 chip. I use Adobe Brigde for my work and I'm conserned about if the software will still run on this new M1 chip. Can anyone give any detail? it's working fine or not!

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to M1 Mac mini and I use Bridge exclusively.  My photo library is mostly Canon raw and jpeg files and I have around 1000 Sony raw files as well.  I have used Bridge extensively and have not experienced any issues at all.  The performance is considerably better than my 1012 iMac.  Also I have noticed that Camera raw is now a native m1 silicon software and this appears to work perfectly fine.

i have experienced a few Bridge crashes but these have been when I am not using the computer,  after leaving the computer idle whilst Bridge is still running.  This could be because the computer switched to sleep mode and my external ssd drive which hosts my photo library got unmounted.  I have not experienced any crashed during heavy of active usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your question, let me reply a very loud NO! I purchased a new 2021 MacBook Pro 14" with the M1 Pro chip after having used a 2014 MacBook Pro 13" before. The performance is significantly WORSE. It's unbelievable.

I am not really a pro user and just sometimes use Bridge to add keywords and metadata to JPGs ... and it takes an unbelievable amout of time. Rating a photo takes more than five seconds. If you change more than one photo, it creates a huge backlog and takes hours to fully process.

I'm very disappointed that Adobe Bridge does not utilise the strengths of the processor at all and can't believe that the performance is worse in comparison to my eight year old MacBook. Apps from other developers are working just fine and are super fast. You can find multiple other stories on the web. Please wait until Adobe has finally released a Bridge version which was optimised for the Apple M1 (Pro/Max) processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting/disappointing that Bridge appears to behave so differently on different M1 devices.

I have observed the behaviour that you describe on my Mac mini however I managed to fix the issue though my use case may not explain the issues that you have.

My photo library is hosted on a drop box drive.  To get good performance I had to configure the folders to be available off-line.  This forces drop box to store the files locally.  If this option is not set then files will not necessarily be local and when you try to edit the performance will be poor because the files have to be downloaded to your local PC.  I also had issues storing my photo library on an iCloud Drive though I did not invest time to figure out why.

I have close to 20,000 photos and my recent photos are 84M in size and I am frequently doing bulk updates using camera raw without any issues.

On the negative side, the latest version of Bridge has problems downloading files from my Sony camera.  The download constantly crashes.  I get round this by copying the files manually from the camera to my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Please try updating to ACR 14.3 release, that should fix the issue.
Let us know if you still face the same.

Thanks,
Bridge Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the native Apple Silicon support in the latest Bridge Beta version might be something useful, if you are now using an M1 processor: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/an-update-for-the-adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-availab...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Bridge 13.0.1 offers native M1 suppport, you should upgrade to that version, but be informed that while it supports a modern UI with multiple content tabs, it has for the moment lost the multiple windows feature. It might be wise to keep a copy of V12 if you need that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines