• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change the cursor in latest version of Adobe Bridge.

Explorer ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cursor in Bridge is a small black arrow which is difficult to see. My normal Windows 10 cursor shows in Photoshop CC, a larger bright blue arrow.  Is there any way I can change the cursor in Bridge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because the morons at Adobe haven't been paying attention to anything except "sexy upgrades"  BUT NOT TO FUNCTIONALITY, since Photoshop CS6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspected as much, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue with me as well. The cursor looks fine in other Adobe apps and Windows but as soon as you open Bridge and mouse over items, the mouse almost disappears especially when you are using the dark interface. This is the dumbest, overlooked, and most basic interface issue I can think of. Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been discussed in nauseam. 

It sucks. Adobe has not made a effort to change it. Been complaining here for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never changed the default pointer on either Windows or Mac, but both platforms have a way to find it. On Windows, Control Panel->Mouse->Pointer Options and check the option to show pointer when Ctrl key is pressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice tip but I just ended up making my Bridge interface lighter for now. It's annoying but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, that really helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue and especially frustrating when using remote desktop - Adobe PLEASE at least make this a setting we can turn off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, saw in one of these forums where someone from adobe suggested it was windows not adobe.  I've made a video showing the mouse pointer as being normal anywhere on the screen except when the mouse passes over either bridge or PS windows, where it instantly shinks tdown to useless until it exits the other side of the window. I'm going to upload it to youtube and ridicule adobe a lot. Then maybe they will give a poop enough to offer a solution. Man they deserve some hateing on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the typos, high level of frustration here. Paid way too much for this system, and software to be stuck with their 640 x 320 mentality and support level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe when a visually-impaired (VI) techie like me starts an ADA and/or Sec 508 complaint about Adobe's user nterfaces - starting with the cursor color issue - someone might wake up! The reality is many people need customized UI options to use their tools most effectively and efficiently. Between the forced updates, absurd time-wasting login foolishness, and litle-to-no actual functional enhancements on their various products ... it's a miracle the FTC hasn't come knocking on their door for exploiting their near-monopoly on professional graphics tools. Grrr! 

So far as I know, no VI for disabled user focus groups for user interface improvements have ever been undertaken at Adiobe. Google, Microsoft, Apple, even FB make an effort to accommodate disabled/vi users and customers. Hear that? Prove me wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are 100% percent right on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft absolutely has disability focus groups. It varies by product but there has definitely been a focus on accessibility for all manner of disability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022 and the latest version of Adobe Bridge still has this issue. I mean come on. Dark UI with a black cursor is just inexcusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. It's also way too small. I have 4k displays with the system DPI set to 100%. 200% DPI in Bridge makes the UI too large. I just want a big cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I've changed the cursor to a middle finger, but it's still too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I support this idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are late July 2022 and STILL not fixed.  Let's go folks - it isn't rocket science.  What it does do is decrease my confidence in your abilities.  Also, as previously mentioned - it may come back to bite you as ADA compliance is gaining  relevance.  Since you've been warned about this, literally, for years - some ambitious attorney may form a class action suit - since there's plenty of evidence that you knew about this issue.  I don't think it would win in court but you'd still have to defend yourself.  Take the easy route - fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On an 8k screen you get just one black pixel which is utterly impossible to see. Reverts to normal on the edge menus. Utterly hapless and I have next to stopped using the package. The only fix that I have found is a small app called mouse highlighter from catnip5.com. This puts a colour dit in the cursor tip, which remaisn when Bridge hides the cursor. You can set colour and diameter. Tip: Dont enable the "click highlighter" as it generates temporary but confusing artefacts in Pshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"dit" should read "dot". No edit function once posted, though. Good ol' Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines