• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't label some JPEGs in Bridge

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't label some of my JPEG files. The ones I can were made with encoder. The ones I cannot were TIFFs converted into JPEGs. Files are local

Using latest version Bridge, Photoshop, and Catalina OS

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a difference in the location of where the files are located? That is, can you not label the ones on your desktop or an external drive but you can for the ones located in your Pictures folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had them on a server. Then I copied them from the server locally to a folder in the the pictures folder. 

I had exported the jpegs from photoshop to the server. Those I can't tag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but Bridge was never written to work with images on a Server. 

That's the problem.

And, I hate to tell you this, but you're not the first person to encounter Server issues and I do think that making that possible is wwwayyy down in Adobe's priority list. So you'd be more efficient to come up with a different work approach than to wait for Adobe to provide Server functionality. 

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT...I copied the files FROM the server to the computer locally. I can't rate them. 

Is this because the files were exported from photoshop to a server they can't be used like that?

Side note, to what you mentioned...yeah that's pretty lame. Like professionals aren't supposed to use servers? That's goofy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Roving Pictures Company ,
Thanks for your feedback. We are not able to reproduce the issue.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge and Photoshop version
  • System configuration

Please share the sample file/files(tiff and converted JPEG) on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge v 11.0.1

Photoshop 22.2.0

OS Catalina 10.15.7

Should I mark the subject line of the email with anything so you know what posting the still refers to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Roving Pictures Company ,
Thanks for sharing the details.
Could you please share the sample file/files(tiff and converted JPEG) on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines